PDA

View Full Version : prosport coilover reviews plz

volvos70
Monday 2nd March 2015, 18:58
Hi me again, ive got a new question for u guys . As i said in the last thread im keen to use this car on track days but still want to use it on the road and ive seen a set of prosport adjustable coilovers and would be greatfull if i can have the opinion of anyone whos had experience of these with regard to whether they suit the s70 for road and track and potential fitting problems.many thanks

MaxTS
Monday 2nd March 2015, 19:44
Go for JOM coilovers direct from their website as I got mine for £240.

The rear adjuster actually makes the car standard height at the lowest setting so just use the standard spring plate. They are firm but great when the roads smooth and I'm sure they will be great on track.
Yes of course the big brands will be better bit these are a great price. If you're on a budget then go for it :)

Oh and be sure to get a strut brace to compensate for the sheriff spring making the chassis flex more.

merc85
Monday 2nd March 2015, 20:11
Terrible

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 12:01
Just found the jom for 216 inc vat so yes theyre certanly competative. Do u find the ride on the road compromised too much. Dont want it too firm cos that.ll just piss me off also did u find them easy to fit and what strut brace do u use. Thanks.M

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 12:03
Care to elaborate or is that it. Maybe u could say why and whos u think are better and why.

merc85
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 12:17
Very crude to fit, one of mine had been fitted before? No assembly instructions was told its because it should be fitted by qualified mechanic.

Lots of chatter over bumps, (had to pack out with thin rubber) to stop noise.
Poor ride when low hardly any dampening effect, Bounce bounce bounce didnt look that well made either and only one C spanner to adjust lock ring when 2 are needed.

Complete waste of time imho. Ended up adjusting the ride heigher to stop the bounce and being higher than the original lowering springs lol

c70geoff
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 12:42
i have the tk tecknics ones and they give great lowering potential but crap ride

im ordering a set of jom and also the prosport one to play around with

cheap is great on ur pocket but thats about it

don kalmar union
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 12:43
If you have the budget then the British made KU kit that I offer which is fully adjustable and rebuildable at £884 including VAT and UK mainland delivery represents good value.

I have been supplying these over about 18 years now and have got the various spring rates that I offer just right for whatever the purpose intended.

Problem is that that is by itself precious close to the cost of some of these older cars but should be an indication of just what you are getting at vastly lower prices in terms of fit and adjustability..... in short fitness for purpose.....

Don.

Nealevo
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 14:03
UTTER UTTER S H I T E.... please do not waste your money or time or effort, people who think these are a good option are deluded and have never driven a car with a good setup.

stribo
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 15:10
UTTER UTTER S H I T E.... please do not waste your money or time or effort, people who think these are a good option are deluded and have never driven a car with a good setup.

I think they're good, on a track, or the strip.:)

WOODY T5
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 16:26
I think they're good, on a track, or the strip.:)me getting some then ;)

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 19:49
[QUOTE=Nealevo;761885]UTTER UTTER S H I T E.... please do not waste your money or time or effort, people who think these are a good option are deluded and have never driven a car with a good setup.[/QUOTE

thanks for that. Im hearing a lot about them being crap but not much about whats good so maybe u could tell me a good set up that isnt going to brake the bank.

stribo
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 19:53
me getting some then ;)

I'll swap you mine for your setup. ;)

stribo
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 19:56
[QUOTE=Nealevo;761885]UTTER UTTER S H I T E.... please do not waste your money or time or effort, people who think these are a good option are deluded and have never driven a car with a good setup.[/QUOTE

thanks for that. Im hearing a lot about them being crap but not much about whats good so maybe u could tell me a good set up that isnt going to brake the bank.

As Don said, KUs are good as are BCs, or Gaz, the problem is BCs are £700+, Kus are nearly £900, and Gaz, well, the sky's the limit.

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 20:07
Ok thanks everyone so far for ur input. As i said to our icelandic friend maybe a suggestion as to what is good in adjustable coilovers or am i going down the wrong track. Should i just get some different shox and lowering springs. Dont forget mines not an r. Its standard road car height and although im quite brutal with it sometimes it does get a bit alarming on roudabouts when the nsf wheel tucks itself under the arch like its embarrased its just bin caught with its trousers down so its gpnna be ££££ on the track. Im really confused so i.ll say it again as what i need. I drive fast all the time. Very fast. And want to dial in comfort when needed but steady and predictable on the track.so can we start again and decide together whats needed or is the set up i want just not possible. Thanks. M

Nealevo
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 20:13
I've had many set and combinations on my 855R

Standard with apex lowering springs, a good starter, but a spring broke
Standard with eBach lowering springs, much better.
Koni sport dampers (Orange) with eibach, very comfy but a little soft
Pro sport coil overs, utter ££££e and took them off after approx 20 miles in the bin!
Koni FSD and eibach springs , very good
BC coil overs, great value and really good ride still got them on so they are worth the extra

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 20:15
Is anyone near ashford with a well sorted carthat i could experience for myself. Could really do with the help as u can tell.

volvos70
Tuesday 3rd March 2015, 20:26
I've had many set and combinations on my 855R

Standard with apex lowering springs, a good starter, but a spring broke
Standard with eBach lowering springs, much better.
Koni sport dampers (Orange) with eibach, very comfy but a little soft
Pro sport coil overs, utter ££££e and took them off after approx 20 miles in the bin!
Koni FSD and eibach springs , very good
BC coil overs, great value and really good ride still got them on so they are worth the extra

Thankyou very much thats usefull. Better start saving but yours must of been quite good to start with being an r. Do u drive it like u hate it as i do even though i dont hate it at all. I really want to enjoy it but not break my spine in the process. Ive got a long way to go before i even get to ur spec as standard. Thanks again