PDA

View Full Version : s70 track mods

volvos70
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 21:33
Hi guys I'm the proud owner of a S70 2.5 20valve n/a manual.I'm really keen to use this for fast road and track day fun. I'm fully aware of its downfalls and want to address these issues asap.the braking is wholly inadequate as is the suspension. I'm happy with the power at 170bhp as all my fun is and will be in second third and fourth and fifth only on long straights. I'm not after racing starts so first gear performance is adequate so negates my need for a turbo. So now that's out the way what I'm after is advice on performance parts that are of good quality at an affordable price that won't when the car is driven on anything other than glass remove my teeth or spleen.its fitted with the correct wheels for the figment of 302 discs but am having trouble finding a suitable replacement caliper without needing a second mortgage. As for suspension it needs to lesson the body roll but give a reasonable ride as mentioned b4. I've had no experience with bilistein stuff, front and rear strut braces or lowering kits so any and all input would be welcomed. Also for this perhaps extreme use of what is a great car do I need to think of additional protection for the engine eg more cooling etc or maybe an sedative to protect premature wear of the engine. Many thanks.martin

jamesy12345
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 21:48
Hello, why not post some pictures & where you are from in the Introduction section

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-Introduce-Yourself

About track mods....look at the spec list in this advert below.....ignoring the turbo relevant parts (no use for you with n/a), Yosser created a pretty well sorted S70:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?58279-1998-S70R-for-sale-manual-saffron

AP brakes are pretty expensive but all S70R models (and some T5s) came with the 302 mm brakes, which are a pretty good set up

MaxTS
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 22:38
My previous car was an S70 LPT so it had a similar set up to yours but I'm now driving an S70R which has 302mm disks as standard and braided hoses, they are miles better than the LPT so that would be a good budget upgrade. It also has a strut brace which I found really stiffens up the chassis.
I'd toy are local to Portsmouth if be happy to take you out in it to see the difference.