PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod- run what ya brung 8th March

MaxTS
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 09:15
Hi,

Me and a few mates will be heading down to Santa Pod on 8th March for the rung what ya brung event. Will anyone be attending? I doubt I would take the R down but it would be fun to go against my mates stage 1 Audi S4 B5 Avant or Stage 2 TT 1.8T :)

Max.

p fandango
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 09:31
I'm tempted to give the Messerschmitt a run down the strip

MaxTS
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 10:00
The Messerschmitt, as in the plane?? :flying:

stribo
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 10:25
I will if the C70's ready.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 10:34
I wont :cry:

p fandango
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 12:36
The Messerschmitt, as in the plane?? :flying:
its the nickname for my 328 Bimmer lol

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 12:46
I won't be making this one, as the green car will be having this years mods done so it's ready for the shakey meet on the 29 of march, hope you all have a great day, I'd like to do a run at santa pod some time (even if it's just to see if Frankie is right that you'll get your fastest time there) so hopefully later in the year if possible with the full calendar of things I have to do this year, so we'll see

p fandango
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 15:57
I'd like to do a run at santa pod some time (even if it's just to see if Frankie is right that you'll get your fastest time there)
well but admit my pb's are 14.557@Santa Pod & 14.779@Avon, although there was a year difference between them lol

MaxTS
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 16:06
So if I did take the R down the strip up against my mates Audi S4 B5 specs below, who do we think would get the faster time depending of driver of course. I'd imagine he's shot off the time a car length then the R may possibly creep up again? The S4 has permanent all wheel drive so would result in high tranny losses.

The R-
Rica 302 map
blues
forge wategate
RIP
18T as standard
de cat and free flow exhaust
Walbro pump
rated about 280 plus BHP

The S4-

stage one map
full exhaust apart from the pre-cats
rated at around 310 BHP from the MAF readings.

T5frankie
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 16:25
So if I did take the R down the strip up against my mates Audi S4 B5 specs below, who do we think would get the faster time depending of driver of course. I'd imagine he's shot off the time a car length then the R may possibly creep up again? The S4 has permanent all wheel drive so would result in high tranny losses.

The R-
Rica 302 map
blues
forge wategate
RIP
18T as standard
de cat and free flow exhaust
Walbro pump
rated about 280 plus BHP

The S4-

stage one map
full exhaust apart from the pre-cats
rated at around 310 BHP from the MAF readings.
Afraid to say 4wd will beat the wheelspinning t5 everytime

merc85
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 17:02
^^^ wot he said, the S4 will smash it, and i cant stand audi's lol

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 17:33
I would say Audi all day long. Especially if he's prepared to really launch it. I'm pretty sure those Audis are around 1700kg's though so pretty heavy.

T5frankie
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 19:49
ive had a standard s4 and they aint quick at all, but a mapped one would go pretty well i reckon

MaxTS
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 22:30
Yeah to be fair the thing does really shift especially off the line.

MaxTS
Monday 9th March 2015, 08:30
So did anyone manage to make it? I didn't see any other Volvo's apart from a couple of tow cars.

I managed only one run due to the weather but it was still good fun plus the have given me a free voucher to run again to me only getting one run.

stribo
Monday 9th March 2015, 10:13
The C70 isn't ready, so I didn't go. Will be having a full weekend on it, to get it ready for Shakey at the end of the month.

MaxTS
Monday 9th March 2015, 10:20
Well thing is those cars a so temperamental that they can lose power very very easily and have lots of common sensor issues such as EGT probes, MAF's, recirc valves, and so on. My mates did not feel that quick when he bought it and it had great service history but now since replacing all these sensors and boost hoses it does shift and it turns out it's not even mapped after getting proper readings.

merc85
Monday 9th March 2015, 11:44
How did the audi do on the 1/4?

MaxTS
Monday 9th March 2015, 12:09
I think he got 14.4 from the 2 runs he did but again like me a complete novice to drag racing.

claymore
Monday 9th March 2015, 12:20
So, what time did you get?

MaxTS
Monday 9th March 2015, 12:36
I got 14.9 seconds with a 1.6 reaction time (damn I'm slow) bare in mind though that that was my first ever time up a strip or anything like that, had a bad start and a passenger. Annoyingly I could only get one run down due to the weather so they gave me a voucher.
Was good fun though.

jamesy12345
Monday 9th March 2015, 12:38
I got 14.9 seconds with a 1.6 reaction time (damn I'm slow) bare in mind though that that was my first ever time up a strip or anything like that, had a bad start and a passenger. Annoyingly I could only get one run down due to the weather so they gave me a voucher.
Was good fun though.

Reaction time means nothing for RWYB, doesn't affect the quarter time at all - your 14.9 countdown started only when you moved the car

Jamest5r
Monday 9th March 2015, 20:30
Was good fun though.

Not bad for your 1st run, Avon is on end of this month if you fancy going again

Kingsford G
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 20:47
Was good fun though.

You should get a good time out of this mate,just fit a good set of tyres to the front.

MaxTS
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 22:05
Thanks guys, it's very addictive considering I've only done it the once.
James, what's the Avon event? Is it up Santa Pod?

Kingsford, yeah she's got great potential. And only .2 off my mates R32 DSG using launch control.
Here's my mates video of it if the link works https://instagram.com/p/z-mKfyRCH8/

Jamest5r
Tuesday 10th March 2015, 22:22
:) http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?58805-Shakespeare-Raceway-season-opener-28-29th-March