PDA

View Full Version : Bumper and door strips ........

Babybadger
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 16:39
I am sick of the scabby grey bumper strips and door strips on my nice white 855. I know I can use the old boot polish or whatever it was to clean it up and look shiny and new. ..........but can I get the V70 ones to fit that are shiny and white, and colour coded?

Thanks in advance

Babybadger

stuAWD
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 16:46
Have em painted at a body shop, cheaper than new bits.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 16:49
Talk to Bison he has just had his painted and they look great.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 17:45
Steve has had his painted too, I think it only works with certain colours mind you as I have seen a couple of red 850's with colour coded rubbing strips etc that look vile

x

S60D5
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 17:47
Steve has had his painted too, I think it only works with certain colours mind you as I have seen a couple of red 850's with colour coded rubbing strips etc that look vile

x

Amen brother... sister.. whatever!

Engineer
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 17:49

xIs it the colour or poor paint job you didn't like?

Babybadger
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 15:27
Haven't had them painted yet, but they have worn scabby grey sort of look. I was thinking it would be nice to put some of the v70 ones on, if they fit so it would sort of .....newer. The car itself only has a minor dent on the drivers door that you have to turn your head with the sun on to see. But those sh*&e coloured strips just make it look somewhat pikeyish!

fraz13
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 15:36
It looks rotten on Yellow as well!!!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 15:59
Is it the colour or poor paint job you didn't like?

The colour just doesn't work for some reason IMO

x

Geezer
Thursday 24th November 2005, 05:34
Gidday from NZ,

I know how you feel about the grey plastic trims...mine were the same, however I found a product down here called Vinyl Reviver made by Motor Mate Products Pty. Ltd, in Australia.

I have found that after every time a wash the car and if I have followed the intructions on the bottle, I have over the last 3 months managed to get all the exterior grey trims back to the original "grey" colour. I haven't tried it on interior trim yet, although according to the product it can be used on interior parts.

It looks really good and I have had some really positive comments on the way the plastic parts look.

I don't know if this product is avaliable in the UK, but if it isn't here is an e-mail address and fax number. The product code is EX020. Give it a go.

E-mail:sales@momate.com.au
Fax: Australia (02) 4577 6969

Cheers,

Geezer

Babybadger
Thursday 24th November 2005, 10:42
Gidday from NZ,

I know how you feel about the grey plastic trims...mine were the same, however I found a product down here called Vinyl Reviver made by Motor Mate Products Pty. Ltd, in Australia.

I have found that after every time a wash the car and if I have followed the intructions on the bottle, I have over the last 3 months managed to get all the exterior grey trims back to the original "grey" colour. I haven't tried it on interior trim yet, although according to the product it can be used on interior parts.

It looks really good and I have had some really positive comments on the way the plastic parts look.

I don't know if this product is avaliable in the UK, but if it isn't here is an e-mail address and fax number. The product code is EX020. Give it a go.

E-mail:sales@momate.com.au
Fax: Australia (02) 4577 6969

Cheers,

Geezer

Thanks Geezer for the addresses!

I thought you guys drove holdens down there!

If I can get away with putting colour coded strips on from a v70 it might look a bit newer.

BTW on another note if people have beige interior what colour is the dash top ? Mine is grey/ black but all the interior is beige, has this been replaced or is it normal colour?

Cheers

Badger