PDA

View Full Version : 2002 v70 t5 front suspension

Orca2
Friday 20th February 2015, 22:36
Front suspension on my T5 is getting wusser and wusser,the roads up here are crap.
Its getting sloppier and sloppier by the month. It gets used on mostly motorway and A roads at high speeds.

Can anyone advise of how to upgrade , struts, lower arms , top mounts will all be replaced, I have had a look at lowering kits from bilstein and Koni, but am not sure what is the best set up . Since it all needs replacing anyway it seems like a good opportunity to improve the handling .

Also does anyone know , is the T5 a bit lower than a normal V70 as standard. ?

Sorry for the blatant brain picking post , it seems like you guys might know more about this than other Volvo forums.

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 23:05
I had the same feeling from my 850 T5, fitted the Volvo front strut brace, only £65 delivered and it genuinely made a huge difference, worth a try as first port of call IMO.

Some comments here: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?8040-Fitting-Strut-Brace-To-an-850

Orca2
Friday 20th February 2015, 23:17
Mine already has a strut brace fitted as standard, though I dont think it does a helluva lot , the bushes are a bit shagged out ,it is on 183k the whole lot has to come out, I am just not sure what is the best value for money way to sharpen it up a bit in the process.

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 23:29
I never knew the V70 T5 had the strut brace as standard, learn something every day.

Keep us posted on your freshen up!

classicswede
Saturday 21st February 2015, 00:02
As a start I would poly bush the front wishbones, fit subframe inserts and then go for some better dampers and springs.