PDA

View Full Version : V70 remote hatch release issue

DSB Cheshire
Friday 20th February 2015, 14:51
Hi All,

just picked up a 2006 V70 D5 SE...I have noticed the hatch does not release when I press the fob release button? I think I can hear a noise but it does not release...

Note the hatch opens fine when I open manually, not a big deal but any ideas?

Thanks,
David.

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 14:53
Not sure how this works/opens but as you say you can hear it releasing, then the boot suspension struts might be worth a look (if these are responsible for helping pushing it open), squirt of WD40 would also be good on locks etc

DSB Cheshire
Friday 20th February 2015, 15:04
Yes I can definitely hear a 'release' noise but nothing happens...the struts are covered by plastic cover although I can squirt WD40 into the opening?

Not sure how this works/opens but as you say you can hear it releasing, then the boot suspension struts might be worth a look (if these are responsible for helping pushing it open), squirt of WD40 would also be good on locks etc

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 15:07
Worth a try, before exploring new struts etc!

Santa
Friday 20th February 2015, 17:02
A bit odd, as both the hand release and fob release are electronic and I thought used the same actuator etc.

Is the noise the same type of noise when using the hand release?

DSB Cheshire
Friday 20th February 2015, 18:06
Thanks for info, not sure if they sound the same, will check next time I use the car and let you know...

A bit odd, as both the hand release and fob release are electronic and I thought used the same actuator etc.

Is the noise the same type of noise when using the hand release?

stribo
Friday 20th February 2015, 18:08
If it's the same as the P1 V70, all the remote does is unlock the tailgate, rather than releasing it.

DSB Cheshire
Friday 20th February 2015, 18:14
Really interesting...can anyone clarify if its the same for the P2?

On my S60 when you pressed the fob button twice the boot unlocked and released so you simply lift up, I presumed the V70 was the same?

If it's the same as the P1 V70, all the remote does is unlock the tailgate, rather than releasing it.

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 18:32
Are your certain your car has the function? Has it ever worked since you bought the car?

DSB Cheshire
Friday 20th February 2015, 19:22
When you press the FOB hatch release button (twice) on a V70 P2, what is its function? unlock only? or unlock and release?

Are your certain your car has the function? Has it ever worked since you bought the car?

stribo
Friday 20th February 2015, 20:35
Really interesting...can anyone clarify if its the same for the P2?

On my S60 when you pressed the fob button twice the boot unlocked and released so you simply lift up, I presumed the V70 was the same?

Yeah, on P1 S70 and C70s, the boot releases, but not the V70.

kmb
Friday 20th February 2015, 22:54
Ah the mystery is solved :lol:

DSB Cheshire
Saturday 21st February 2015, 10:21
Thanks all....after info it appears all works as it should:)

LeeT5
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 07:32
Yes, its one of those stupid unlock settings on a fob that allows you to unlock the boot without unlocking the rest of the car. Pointless if you ask me because if you accidentally leave your keys in the boot while you pick something up out your boot and then close the door (leaving the keys behind) the boot will relock automatically and your then screwed!
I never use it as it's just asking for trouble! Just unlock and lock as normal.

Stribo is correct. It just releases the lock. If you don't open the tailgate then it will auto lock in 30 seconds.

DSB Cheshire
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 12:41
Thanks for info...what threw me was my S60, if you pressed the boot release twice it unlocked and released the boot, I just presumed the V70 hatch would be the same...however all is now clear:)

Yes, its one of those stupid unlock settings on a fob that allows you to unlock the boot without unlocking the rest of the car. Pointless if you ask me because if you accidentally leave your keys in the boot while you pick something up out your boot and then close the door (leaving the keys behind) the boot will relock automatically and your then screwed!
I never use it as it's just asking for trouble! Just unlock and lock as normal.

Stribo is correct. It just releases the lock. If you don't open the tailgate then it will auto lock in 30 seconds.