PDA

View Full Version : C30 reverse parking sensors, post-factory install

speedswede
Thursday 19th February 2015, 20:40
When I bought my last ovloV C30, the garage fitted reverse parking sensors. It was an aftermarket kit, but the sensors were colour coded, by the garage, and fitted in the correct places.

I'm picking up a new C30 (new to me, it's four years old) and it has a very high spec ...with the exception of reverse parking sensors.

Is there an official ovloV kit that can be retro-fitted? I presume it would need some programming at an ovloV dealer, too?

TIA

speedswede
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 16:34
To answer my own question, it's the thick end of £480 fitted.

http://www.swedishcaraccessories.co.uk/c30-rear-parking-assistance-717-p.asp

Santa
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 17:02
Seems rather expensive. Do you find them useful?

volvokid
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 17:49
Volvo quoted me £500 for official sensors fitted, they fitted them to my dads R

Hound
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 18:07
£500!! You can get decent sensors (Dolphin or Steelmate) for a tenth of that price if you just want an audible alarm. And you can get cheapo ones that seem to work ok for about £12! They aren't colour coded but there is a wide range of colours so you can get close.

Harvey
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 18:14
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?53658-Reversing-Sensors-from-zero-to-four!

This is more like it price wise.

volvokid
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 18:27
I would pay for it that way it's genuine like you would get from factory. You get the button on the dash to turn them off, it displays theyre active on the dim and turns the radio down.
You would never catch me trying to drill holes in my bumper and fit them, so for 500 fitted I don't think its that bad.

volvokid
Sunday 22nd February 2015, 18:33
I paid penny's for genuine volvo reverse sensors that are fitted to the P1, they were sitting collecting dust in the parts room, God knows why. Volvo fitted them perfectly but then I had my bumper respraid and they don't work, I guess they weren't plugged back in or something simple.

speedswede
Monday 23rd February 2015, 00:14
Seems rather expensive. Do you find them useful?

It is expensive and, yes, I find them useful. Parking round my way is terrible, hard to find a space, harder to find a space to park in easily. Today I parked my 9-5 Aero estate in a space with only a few inches to spare, thanks to parking sensors.

speedswede
Friday 15th January 2016, 20:00
I would pay for it that way it's genuine like you would get from factory. You get the button on the dash to turn them off, it displays theyre active on the dim and turns the radio down.
You would never catch me trying to drill holes in my bumper and fit them, so for 500 fitted I don't think its that bad.

It's taken me almost a year to decide, but I've gone for them. Volvo dealer fitted them this week. I collect the car on Sunday.