PDA

View Full Version : Christine's Project Thread (V70 T5)

JamesT5
Sunday 15th February 2015, 00:37
With the S60 D5 now taking over as the daily runner and pretty much behaving itself (it's saving me some serious cash on fuel by the way!), the T5 is now officially a 'Project' for a while with a view for sorting out all of the performance issues and eventually getting it mapped etc. This will be a long project, so don't expect too much too quickly as I'll be doing a bit as and when I can. That said, it should be a good project and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

My plan is to sort out the basics first, stuff like the air leaks, surface rust, worn shock mounts etc. Then I can get down to work 'tarting it up', remapping and so and so forth. Should be good fun so watch this space over the next few months and you will no doubt see the transformation little by little. :B_thumb:

jdavis
Sunday 15th February 2015, 06:34
Didn't another member of the forum have a 'Christine'? Turned out to be a real bitch!

claymore
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:04
Any updates on this great project :)

stribo
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:09
It's quietly rusting away. ;)

Orca2
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:12
Wasnt Christine the killer car in that movie ?

claymore
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:18
It's quietly rusting away. ;)

Someone did mention that the strut towers were rotten, but i find that hard to believe tbh, after all, it isn't a Mercedes :)

stribo
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:40
Someone did mention that the strut towers were rotten, but i find that hard to believe tbh, after all, it isn't a Mercedes :)

I've seen them myself mate, no amount of chemical metal will save those. ;)

M-R-P
Tuesday 29th September 2015, 20:51
Didn't another member of the forum have a 'Christine'? Turned out to be a real bitch!

Porcine Aviator (Chris) was the member. He flogged it to another member who gave up on it quite quickly.