PDA

View Full Version : 2003 s60 alarm HELP

luked5
Wednesday 4th February 2015, 22:17
Hi everyone. I jave just joined the forum as i have just bought an s60 d5. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it has been sat on my drove since. I drove it today for about 15 miles then parked it back up and went out for food. I got home and heard a faint beeping sound coming for the frobt wong and when i got in it was saying alarm triggard check car. I lock the car amd then get the dull neeping again and hazards flashing. I have locked it now by hand via thw drivers door lock.

I know it has proably been asked 1 million and 1 time but is that the battery or the alarm itself? I did have to charge the battery they other day as it was flat. Dont know if they are connected?

Thanks
Luke

Harvey
Wednesday 4th February 2015, 23:13
The battery in the siren do fail ,I just changed mine siren as the alarm fault code poped up.
You could have a faulty door - boot - bonnet switch ?
just use the car for a bit that might recharge the siren battery if you are lucky.

If you get this message pop up you will need a new siren unit.
http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r499/harveysr/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141216_110027_zpsxssw6tv3.jpg (http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/harveysr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141216_110027_zpsxssw6tv3.jpg.html)

silverhorse
Thursday 5th February 2015, 03:23
I had this problem for a while. When you lock the car, do the flashers flash once? If not, the alarm has not set.
Mine turned out to be the bonnet not fully clicking shut. I pressed the bonnet down at intervals across the leading edge and there was a small click and the flashers flashed. Sorted. Saved me a few quid!
Worth a try

LeeT5
Wednesday 25th February 2015, 16:21
Hi everyone. I jave just joined the forum as i have just bought an s60 d5. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it has been sat on my drove since. I drove it today for about 15 miles then parked it back up and went out for food. I got home and heard a faint beeping sound coming for the frobt wong and when i got in it was saying alarm triggard check car. I lock the car amd then get the dull neeping again and hazards flashing. I have locked it now by hand via thw drivers door lock.

I know it has proably been asked 1 million and 1 time but is that the battery or the alarm itself? I did have to charge the battery they other day as it was flat. Dont know if they are connected?

Thanks
Luke

As Harvey says. Also, check for fault code UEM 0004. If you have it then you'll need a new siren.