PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Upgrades ?

CAMO
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 14:12
T5 Estate. What Sort Of Job Is Changing The Springs For Lowered Ones. Anyone?
Or Does Anyone Have Any Input As What Sort Of Springs To Go For, Or Would You Advise On Springs And Shocks Set Up? And What Manufacturer?
I'm Looking For The T5r Look. I'm Running Standard Susp Set Up, With 17" Wheels!
Throw The Debate To The Crowd!

lil_me
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 17:01
we've been looking into doing the same thing but on the saloon so i'll be interested to see what people recommend, i found out yesterday that our 850 has sports suspension/lowered chassis fitted from when the car was ordered new and more curious as to if this is worth improving on

i was told eibach suspension kits were the best by quite a few people

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 17:09
I have also heard that the eibach set up works well for the ovlovs - doesn't give to harsh a ride.

x

roy chu
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 22:21
How about Koni, have heard they are reasonably priced.

Or KW coilovers, these are more expensive though.

I your budget is unlimited, then go for ohlins.

Roy

hamish
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 23:19
Coilovers are good if you want to knock your fillings out !

Paullyp
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 20:11
Hi I have a 850T5 running on 17" alloys and lowered uprated suspension, handles great but front tyres 225x45x17 rubs inner arch so tyre change needed.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 20:55
Mine is being done next week at VT. About time.

I want to maintain the same look she has now. I have been promised all will be well.

I tell you that car lives better than I do!

Bracer
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 08:59
Mine is being done next week at VT. About time.

I want to maintain the same look she has now. I have been promised all will be well.

I tell you that car lives better than I do!

Dave do I detect a slight "Wobble" in your voice there :hidesbehi

nikgallagher
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 09:45
I looked in the Haynes for changing the springs and dampers, and was shocked at the work involved. Main issue I had was the sensitive realligning that was required on refitting, especially on the front. Removing the anti-roll bars even required removing the steering rack! I think my dampers have gone so is quite annoying that i can't do the work myself.
Out of interest, how much do VT charge for installation Dave?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 17:17
I am hoping for change out of £850 fitted - but we shall have to see. I would enjoy the technical challenge but I think I will be happier letting Hamish do it. Things have a tendancy to break or shear when I have a go at the big jobs - just when you don't want them to.

Steve - I am always a bit wobbly

Bracer
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 17:33
I am hoping for change out of £850 fitted - but we shall have to see. I would enjoy the technical challenge but I think I will be happier letting Hamish do it. Things have a tendancy to break or shear when I have a go at the big jobs - just when you don't want them to.

Steve - I am always a bit wobbly

God dam Dave what set-up you going for ?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 17:50
I think it is an eibach/bilstein combo - and she is having new top mounts and there will be new drop links and bushes where required. She is going to be transformed - but she retain the same lower profile of the 850R without looking slammed - God knows there are enough speed bumps around here.

I am loosing the self levellers off the back - they cost too much and I don't need 'em

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 9th March 2005, 17:51
see here

http://www.volvotuninguk.com/volvotuning/suspension.asp