PDA

View Full Version : Best way to source a good P/S Pump/Recon kit for a D5 (163)

pillapow
Wednesday 28th January 2015, 19:02
Evening all, Sorry for doing two threads, I need a power steering pump for my 04 D5 163hp - Now theres some on ebay but theres really no way of knowing whether they are good or not, until you fit it. I see Reconditioned ones are £130-140 - Does anybody know of a recon kit available, surely someone does one, I have looked around but cant find much. Mine is whining and can be heard above the D5 sound throughout the rev range (except idle)

Thanks guys. Pilla.

stephenevans99
Wednesday 28th January 2015, 19:06
It seems silly to ask, but you have checked it's got enough fluid and the fluid is of the correct type?

pillapow
Wednesday 28th January 2015, 19:29
Yes, I checked the fluid level, it is fine, what i will do is remove the serpentine belt and check the pulley by hand, see if it is the bearing, If it spins smoothly, I may do a fluid flush, The power steering seems notchy and grabby too, as if it wants to pull the steering wheel back more than usual (so to speak) Yes, I'll give it a good check before i start spending money, LOL, thanks Stephen

Blackdog
Wednesday 28th January 2015, 19:43
£133.00 new from euro car parts.

pillapow
Thursday 29th January 2015, 16:15
Cant seem to change the thread title and dont want to spam with another thread.

Had it all apart today (in the snow) - My idler pulley is shot, thats what the noise is, I have done a video of it.

Having issues sourcing the parts, Ebay gives absoloute garbage information and i cant seem to find the parts for my 04 D5 163hp.

I've found them on eurocarparts but i've just missed the 4pm cutoff for next day delivery so instead of rushing, thought i would ask here.

The two tensioners i have removed are "INA" F-235076-4300 - Eurocarparts do these @ £19.14 each.

The Drive belt, which is what im having trouble identifying 100% Eurocarparts do these @ £18.90.

Its a double sided ribbed belt, (mine is showing cracking) The ones on ebay are flat belts for post 05 185hp engines.

Can anybody help me out, or clarify anything as such, just want to get the right parts and get this motor on the road.

Cheers guys, link to video >
http://vid994.photobucket.com/albums/af63/pillapow/20150129_1417501_zpsviqzunxn.mp4

stephenevans99
Thursday 29th January 2015, 16:22
Aux drive belt from Volvo is V30731808 £24.00 + VAT

You maybe able to cross reference that number.

pillapow
Thursday 29th January 2015, 16:48
Aux drive belt from Volvo is V30731808 £24.00 + VAT

You maybe able to cross reference that number.

Thanks for that info, My nearest Volvo dealer is a 40 mile round trip unfortunately, I do find it strange though, that Volvo do an Auxiliary belt kit, with just one tensioner pulley on the tensioner housing. Not sure if they sell the extra idler pulley seperate, or if they are even made by Volvo or they use the "INA" brand.

pillapow
Thursday 29th January 2015, 16:58
Eurocarparts, advertise it as a Dayco belt, but the part number in the info bar below, comes back as a Guangdong Contitech poly belt for a Volvo. £19 for that, are they for real? I remember i travelled all the way to eurocarparts once for a thermostat for a T5, got back home to open the box and find it was a USED & DAMAGED thermostat, these people are a joke, seriously. I'll probably get the INA pulleys off them and buy the belt from Volvo.

Just phoned them and they said, its definitely a Dayco belt, order it and you WILL get a Dayco belt. LOL.

5% off - Code "TWEET5"

stephenevans99
Thursday 29th January 2015, 18:04
The genuine Volvo belt that I fitted last month had 'Gates (http://www.gates.com/)' printed through the belt lol.....

pillapow
Friday 30th January 2015, 20:32
The genuine Volvo belt that I fitted last month had 'Gates (http://www.gates.com/)' printed through the belt lol.....

I suppose Gates belts are one of the best, Some of these genuine parts are not genuine, just "approved" -

Did you change the tensioner pulleys or tensioner housing?