PDA

View Full Version : V70 P1 rear washer motor not working...

Spooky
Tuesday 27th January 2015, 07:17
After a bit of advice please as to where to start problem solving. The motor isn't pumping water at all when I press the button. Front washers are fine so does that rule out the button on the stalk? Is the motor located inside the washer bottle?

Any help would be appreciated :)

RollingThunder
Wednesday 28th January 2015, 17:12
Can you hear the washer pump whining when you press the button?

If no - either pump or something electrical is at fault.

If yes - either the pipe has separated (common fault - under drivers side boot floor panel), the non return valve is fubar (another common fault - valve is behind drivers side rear lamp cluster), or there is a kink or blockage somewhere in the pipe or washer nozzle.

Its a case of ruling out potential faults and moving onto the next one.

HTH

Spooky
Monday 2nd February 2015, 10:01
Can't hear anything coming from the motor when I press the button at all mate. is the washer motor located inside the washer bottle? if so would it be easier just to get a new bottle?

RollingThunder
Monday 2nd February 2015, 12:58
There are three separate pumps, all are replaceable individually. I'd try putting 12v to the rear washer motor to check that it is actually faulty - if the motor works then the problem may be the switch or a break in the wire en route to the motor, or a bad earth. Its a straightforward job troubleshooting, but its a PITA getting at the washer bottle/pump - access to the bottle is from under the car - BUT I can't remember which one is the rear screen washer - one pump is accessible behind the headlamp...

Spooky
Thursday 5th February 2015, 07:19
Cheers RT. That's my next job sorted once the weather gets better :)