PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard computer

R_Elliott
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 17:47
Ok ok,

This is now my second thread but I need to know the answer as it is bugging the hell out of me!

Does the C30 dash board above the clock meant too have anything on there?

Mine currently doesn't

Jamest5r
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 19:59
Unfortunately there's not many if any c30 owners on here mate I've never even sat in one.

glynroberts
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 22:02
If you look on your indicator stalk you should see a serrated section to scroll.
Depends on the spec of your car tho !

R_Elliott
Friday 23rd January 2015, 10:24
yeah its the 2.0 R design, all I get from it is the spin control option

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd January 2015, 17:52
Dashboard is similar to my old S40 as far as I know...

Info centre displays information at the top including messages - scrolled through using the info stalk on the LHS. If there is a message then you can retrieve it using the info button on the end of the stalk.

Or are you talking about something else?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd January 2015, 17:55
http://www.volvocars.com/ie/sales-services/services/owners-information/c30/pages/c30-my08.aspx

select your model year - I expect that a spot of RTFM wouldn't go amiss here?

R_Elliott
Monday 9th February 2015, 12:03
Seriously Dave? RTFM! Do you not think I have already done this to say I am apart of the Forces?

jamesy12345
Monday 9th February 2015, 14:35
Well according to WD's picture up there...it should say 'Hayon Ouvert' above the clock........or maybe 'Boot Open' in the UK

speedswede
Wednesday 18th February 2015, 18:24
The little display will display info messages similar to
REAR LEFT BELT IN USE
DOOR OPEN
SERVICE DUE

I believe that it will also display messages related to MPG, average speed, DTE etc, but this depends upon the vehicle having the trip computer. I think this is called IDIS - Intelligent Driver Information System.

speedswede
Wednesday 18th February 2015, 18:25
Unfortunately there's not many if any c30 owners on here mate I've never even sat in one.

Picking up my second C30, next week! ;-) Will try to answer questions where I can help,

R_Elliott
Thursday 19th February 2015, 11:55
Nice ride there mate, Mine only shows about the belt etc,

yours looks TOP SPEC!!! Loving the NAV too!

speedswede
Thursday 19th February 2015, 20:32
Nice ride there mate, Mine only shows about the belt etc,

yours looks TOP SPEC!!! Loving the NAV too!

Thanks for your kind words, Rob. It's a pretty decent spec, but it is not as good spec as the one I am getting on Monday. :B_steerin

I shall list the different messages when I get my new C30.

speedswede
Friday 20th February 2015, 09:50
I think this is called IDIS - Intelligent Driver Information System.

I was wrong about this bit. IDIS is something else altogether. Stuff about not giving you a phone call while you're at a junction and need to concentrate on the task at hand.

R_Elliott
Monday 23rd February 2015, 16:44
So are you looking to sell the one on here ;)

speedswede
Monday 23rd February 2015, 17:31
So are you looking to sell the one on here ;)

Now you ask!

I would have done, but I traded it in, this morning. I've done 15 miles in the new one and it is fantastic. I'll post some more info, shortly, about that dash computer.

R_Elliott
Thursday 23rd July 2015, 16:48
So, I'm still waiting out on your new model of the C30.......... Chop Chop

speedswede
Friday 15th January 2016, 19:57
So, I'm still waiting out on your new model of the C30.......... Chop Chop

Sorry, I really will get round to posting something about it ...now that I've had it for almost 11 months ;-)

speedswede
Friday 15th January 2016, 20:16
STOP SAFELY
Stop the car in a safe manner and turn off the engine. Serious risk of damage.

SERVICE URGENT
Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop checks the car immediately.

SEE MANUAL
Read the Owner's Manual.

SERVICE REQUIRED
Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop checks the car as soon as possible.

HIGH ENGINE TEMP STOP ENGINE
Stop the car in a safe manner and turn off the engine. Serious risk of damage.

BOOK TIME FOR SERVICE
Time to book regular service. Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop carries out the service.

TIME FOR REGULAR SERVICE
Time for regular service. Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop carries out the service. The timing is determined by the number of kilometres driven, number of months since the last serv- ice, engine running time and oil grade.

SERVICE OVERDUE
If the service intervals are not followed then the warranty does not cover any damaged parts. Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop carries out the service.

TRANSMISSION OIL CHANGE NEEDED
Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop checks the car as soon as possible.

REMINDER CHECK OIL LEVEL
Check the oil level. The message is shown every 10,000 km (certain engine variants).

SOOT FILTER FULL SEE OWNER MANUAL
Diesel particle filter requires regeneration.

STC SPIN CONTROL OFF / DSTC SPIN CONTROL OFF
The function of the stability and traction control system is reduced.

TRANSMISSION PERFORMANCE LOW
The gearbox cannot handle full capacity. Drive carefully until the message clears. If shown repeatedly then Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop is contacted.

TRANSMISSION OIL TEMP HIGH
Drive more smoothly or stop the car in a safe manner. Disengage the gear and run the engine at idling speed until the message clears.

TRANSM OIL TEMP STOP SAFELY
Critical fault. Stop the car immediately in a safe manner. Volvo recommends that an authorised Volvo workshop is contacted.

speedswede
Saturday 16th January 2016, 10:58
To scroll through trip computer information turn the thumbwheel either up or down in steps.
Continue turning to return to the starting point.

If a warning message interrupts while you are using the trip computer, this message must be acknowledged. Acknowledge by pressing the READ button and revert to the trip computer function.

Functions

The trip computer displays the following information:

• --- KM/H AVERAGE SPEED
• --.- KM/L INSTANTANEOUS
• --.- L/100 KM AVERAGE
• --- KILOMETRES TO EMPTY TANK
• STC ON /DSTC ON
• --- MPH ACTUAL SPEED

AVERAGE SPEED
When the ignition is switched off, the average speed is stored and used as the basis of the new value when you continue driving. Reset using the RESET button.

INSTANTANEOUS
Current fuel consumption is calculated every second. The information on the display is updated every couple of seconds. When the car is stationary, "--.-" appears on the display. During the period for regeneration4 fuel consumption may increase.

AVERAGE
The average fuel consumption is stored when the ignition is switched off and remains until the function is reset. Reset using the RESET button.

KILOMETRES TO EMPTY TANK
The range to empty is calculated based on the average fuel consumption over the last 30 km. No guaranteed range remains when the display shows "--- KILOMETRES TO EMPTY TANK ". Refuel as soon as possible.

MPH ACTUAL SPEED.
Current speed is displayed in mph.

speedswede
Saturday 16th January 2016, 11:02
For vehicles with automatic transmission

TRANSM. OVERHEAT BRAKE TO HOLD
Difficulty in maintaining even speed at constant engine speed.
Gearbox overheated. Keep the car stationary using the foot brake.
(For fastest cooling: run the engine at idling speed with the gear lever in the N or P position, until the message clears.)

TRANSM. OVERHEAT PARK SAFELY
Significant pulling in the car's traction.
Gearbox overheated. Park the car immediately in a safe manner.

TRANSM. COOLING LET ENGINE RUN
No drive due to overheated gearbox.
Gearbox overheated.
(For fastest cooling: Run the engine at idling speed with the gear lever in the N or P position until the message clears.)

speedswede
Saturday 16th January 2016, 11:09
TRACTION CONTROL TEMPORARILY OFF
means that the system has been temporarily reduced due to excessive brake temperature.

ANTI-SKID SERVICE REQUIRED
system disabled due to a fault.

PARK ASSIST SERVICE REQUIRED
then parking assistance is disengaged. For attention, contact a workshop - an authorised Volvo workshop is recommended.

BLIS* – Blind Spot Information System

BLIS ON
The BLIS system is activated.

BLIS REDUCED FUNCTION
Reduced function in data transmission between the BLIS system's camera and the car's electrical system.
The camera resets itself when the data transmission between the BLIS system's camera and the car's electrical system returns to normal.

BLIS CAMERA BLOCKED
One or both cameras blocked - clean the lenses.

BLIS SERVICE REQUIRED
Blind spot syst. disengaged - contact a workshop.

BLIS OFF
The BLIS system is deactivated.

There may be other messages that can be displayed and that I have not yet found. This should give you an idea of the messages that could be shown here ...depending on options fitted to the car.

Knightrider
Friday 22nd July 2016, 01:06
Stop/Start off......or on.
Parking Assistance Activated