PDA

View Full Version : Ecu chips

pwalker
Wednesday 21st January 2015, 22:19
I got some tlao chips a while ago and went to fit them today and turns out my ignition ecu isn't mapable, but tried to start the car on just the fuel chip and it barely ran at all, spluttering and Farting. Is this normal or do I need to have both chipped for them to run or do I have another problem? .

Also anyone know the part numbers for the chipable ezk/ignition ecus? Cheers

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 21st January 2015, 23:06
Hmm...

I would have thought you'd need both tbh, otherwise surely it'll just run mega rich without the ignition maps to match?

Smithy or Barkster1971 are probably the ones to ask on 940 tuning.
I'm presuming it's a 940 anyway ;)

jks
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 02:31
You need both chips. You can take un-chipped boxes pretty far, power wise..

RollingThunder
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 07:58
I had a pair of ECU chips off Frederik on TurboBricks (quite) a few years ago - cost my £100ish for both inc delivery and made a decent improvement. Not sure if he's still doing them but I can recommend them if you can get hold of them.

And yes, you'll need both chips.

pwalker
Thursday 22nd January 2015, 10:44
...yeah im the idiot... i had the chip the wrong way around. surprised it ran at all the wrong way tbh. but anyway the chip is in and running fine now. apparantlly its fine to run with just one.
now just need to find a chipable ignition ecu

barkster1971
Monday 26th January 2015, 22:32
Was gonna say. I would guess the fuel maps are the same for idle and cold start, it's only on boost where the maps are extended to deliver more fuel. And even then it would only be after 8psi possibly. You'd only need them if you had a bigger turbo and running more boost. I've got both chips and it can run a bit rich in boost sometimes.

pwalker
Tuesday 27th January 2015, 14:15
well run more boost then haha :P

barkster1971
Sunday 1st February 2015, 11:49
I will. Had it up to 12psi and it's all good. I'll turn it up to 18 very soon and see how that goes.