PDA

View Full Version : 940 b230 spluttering at wot on boost

pwalker
Monday 19th January 2015, 19:27
Just got the car on the road today and when on full throttle/boost its splutters a bit and it actualy seemed to fuel cut a few times even though iv got it back to running actuator pressure running about 0.5bar, but also the lambda light is on and idling ££££ty intermittently aswell .I'm not sure if these problems are related. I'm wondering if the fuel pump itself might be on its way out, as normally it starts straight away but it took a few goes the other day.
The cars had a new bosche lambda sensor
New rotor arm and dizzy cap
New ht leads
New spark plugs
New maf sensor (but eBay job) I baught to see if it was the cause of the problem with the dodgy idle
Idle control valve cleaned
The cars decatted aswell incase that can affect lambda readings

Iv seen a bit about the pump relays going, is this something that could cause intermittent problems or is it something that will just suddenly go

barkster1971
Monday 19th January 2015, 20:18
put a code reader on it, could be faulty maf. What HT leads are they? Check the crank sensor. 2 minutes with a code reader, ( easy to make ), will save you guessing. Could be gummed up injectors. When did you last change the fuel filter?

darzmat
Monday 19th January 2015, 21:56
Is the gap on the spark plugs correct? As mine did this with new plugs, reduced the gap to prevent spark blowout and it's been fine since. Only ever happened on wot

pwalker
Tuesday 20th January 2015, 14:43
hmm i didnt touch them, will look into it cheers