PDA

View Full Version : C70 Headlamps

silverhorse
Monday 12th January 2015, 10:09
Hi Guys,

Right. 2008 C70 halogen projector h'lamps. Absolutely ££££e. Wife is pestering for an HID conversion. I need some advice please.

1- Does the headlamp unit need modding at all. HID bulbs are longer than halogens aren't they?

2- When they say CANBUS safe and error free, is that really the case? I need it to be reliable or I will get constant earache.

3- There are bulb options like H4, H7, etc. Are the HID kit bulbs the same H pattern bases as standard halogen bulbs?

4- Lastly, I know alot of you on here have done this. Is there a general feeling of who is a good supplier with good quality products? I don't mind spending a bit more to get top notch stuff. Anything that keeps her happy is money well spent as far as I am concerned!!

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but on all the websites you are getting all the sales patter and I need some independent expert advice from here!

Cheers

Paul

M-R-P
Monday 12th January 2015, 10:33
1 - no but you'll need to find somewhere to stash the ballasts.

2 - don't get mugged by the "error free" crap, buy the cheapest set you can from a UK Ebay seller, if they throw a warning, fit load resistors across the power supply to the ballasts (5 minute job)

3 - Yes - same setup, it's just a case of a couple of extra wires to hide.

4 - see answer 2 - they're all pretty much the same and most likely, come from the same factory in China.

silverhorse
Monday 12th January 2015, 19:34
Bloody hell. I have just made the mistake of mentioning that you can convert the high beam as well as the dipped beam, so you can guess what she now wants :slap: Am I asking for trouble by doing the high beams as well, or should it be fairly straight forward and work well? Space will be an issue I suppose...