PDA

View Full Version : C70 wishbones

multiskilled
Sunday 11th January 2015, 19:36
My car has just failed its mot on the wishbones. Ive had a quick look to see if i can tackle it my self , it dosent look to big a job but there seems to be 1 maybe 2 bolts that are close to the gearbox do these have to be fully removed. Also does anyone no of a how guide on hear

Ettienne
Sunday 11th January 2015, 19:51
My car has just failed its mot on the wishbones. Ive had a quick look to see if i can tackle it my self , it dosent look to big a job but there seems to be 1 maybe 2 bolts that are close to the gearbox do these have to be fully removed. Also does anyone no of a how guide on hear

Haynes manual? There maybe a guide on here, please ignore a jamest5 guide as it will inevitably involve bleeding the brakes.

stribo
Sunday 11th January 2015, 19:55
I got them out by dropping the rear of the subframe 10-15mm, then getting a bar between the subframe and gearbox, and levering them apart, it was tight but manageable, however, there was one on the drivers side I couldn't get out because the sump was in the way, so I left it in and reused it, all the others were renewed.

multiskilled
Sunday 11th January 2015, 20:33
So i can get the wishbones off without having to take the bolts right out.i dont mind reusing the origanal bolts if they undo ok

stribo
Sunday 11th January 2015, 21:08
So i can get the wishbones off without having to take the bolts right out.i dont mind reusing the origanal bolts if they undo ok

Yeah, they'll all undo, though some are a bit fiddly, it'll help if you have a ratchet ring spanner of the correct size (17mm I think) and the wishbones will come off without removing the bolts, but ideally you want to change the bolts as well.

multiskilled
Sunday 11th January 2015, 21:51
Ok thanks