PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 OverCooling?

Viffer
Monday 21st November 2005, 13:15
Hi All..

Not been here for a while but I hope you lot are doing ok!

Got a bit of a issue on my V70 T5...so onto the history..the temp gauge was yo yoing a bit towards the higher end of things and then tending to stay down the bottom quarter of the range....usually it would stay pretty much bang above the centre of the range. After changeing the battery the dreaded lambda light has come on....since then the fan seems to come on at any time and sometimes when I stop and get out its on high speed and goes onto overrun when the engine is off. I decided to drop the battery off to reset the ecu but when I turned the ignition on just to see if the fan would start it did...go figure the car had been standing overnight and the temp was -1 but still the fan needs to run..anyway I dropped the battery off for an hour and fan issue seemed to be sorted...however 14 miles later and its doing the same again and seemed to be struggleing to provide much heat inside this morning..

Coolent level is fine, I plan to change the thermostat IDC and I hope to get the codes read in the next week but untill then is there anything I can check myself?

Thanks for any hints or tips of what this may be in advance?

Viffer.

rs_andy
Monday 21st November 2005, 13:27
sounds like the temperature sender, my mother's 440 was like that - tiddling rain, nice 'A' road and the temp gauge was in the red! The fan was also coming in like that all the time.