PDA

View Full Version : BSR Upgrades

mat562be
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 12:15
New to the forum... Considering an upgarde for my 2001 V70 T5. On the shortlist are RICA and the BSR mod, both round about the 300 bhp mark. Anyone have any experience of either? Pros/cons? Thanks.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 12:37
I have had the RICA remap on my 850 T5 and can highly recommend it. Improves the drivability of the car 10 fold. Power almost instantly whenever you need it (and sometimes when you dont LOL)

I dont know of anybody with the BSR set up so I cannot comment - have heard its a good product tho.

x

mikey
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 12:40
hello mate
i've just had the 304bhp RICA upgrade,my view is well impressive!! i just want to drive it as much as possible,so it's a big thumbs up from me..

CAMO
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 14:05
Havin' Cranked The Power Up On Your Sweed Bullits, Has Anyone Who Has Upgraded The Horse Power Had To Change The Clutch. What Is The Standard Volvo T5 Clutch Capable Of Handling?

mikey
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 14:16
i actually had the clutch changed 3 weeks before the upgrade due to a knackered thrust bearing,ouch! rather expensive,but lovely and smooth.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 14:26
My clucth needed changing before the upgrade anyway it had done 125k!!!

As far as we know (and RICA have been doing this upgrade for a long time) there are no adverse effects. These engines can handle 350bhp without the need to play with the internals (infact yours being ME7 should take a little more)

x

lance
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 14:32
As far as I know and from the detailed history I have ,Im still running the original clutch at 140k, Ive cooked it once trying to power launch at the pod , but that was 8-9k ago and shes still ok ,been on rica for over 12k now!