PDA

View Full Version : P1 V70 rear numberplate lights not working

Rhys
Friday 9th January 2015, 21:25
Hi all, just noticed tonight that both the rear numberplate lights aren't working, and it goes in for it's mot tomorrow! :cry:. It's too dark to go and muck about now so will be having a quick look in the morning. Any clues as to what it might be? Fuse maybe? (as it's both bulbs). The rear lights come on as does the interior. etc.
I've not been using it lately (my other half has pinched it while her car is broken - so much for Honda reliability lol).
Thanks in advance folks :remybussi:

stribo
Friday 9th January 2015, 21:47
The first thing to do would be to check the bulbs, you never know they may both have blown, failing that the fuse would be the next port of call, if it's not that then check the wiring loom where it goes through the body of the car to the tailgate, it may have worn/chafed.

Rhys
Friday 9th January 2015, 21:54
The first thing to do would be to check the bulbs, you never know they may both have blown, failing that the fuse would be the next port of call, if it's not that then check the wiring loom where it goes through the body of the car to the tailgate, it may have worn/chafed.

Cheers, I'll check that in the morning along with the bulb holders to see of they are corroded (got a message off the original owner to say it might also be that).

I'll report back when I've looked (too dark now)

Kingsford G
Friday 9th January 2015, 22:20

What he said.

foammanmark
Saturday 10th January 2015, 17:47
I had no end of problems with my Nautic R's number plate lights, and it was corrosion caused by water getting past the crappy gaskets. New gaskets and screws solved it for me after removing the corrosion.

Rhys
Saturday 10th January 2015, 17:55
I had no end of problems with my Nautic R's number plate lights, and it was corrosion caused by water getting past the crappy gaskets. New gaskets and screws solved it for me after removing the corrosion.

That's what's happened. Corrosion has gone too far to save them though. Seals were buggered. Going to have to get some more and fit them. PITA..

foammanmark
Saturday 10th January 2015, 17:58
That's what's happened. Corrosion has gone too far to save them though. Seals were buggered. Going to have to get some more and fit them. PITA..

I got the gaskets from my local indy, and they were pretty cheap, but proper Volvo parts. New screws meant I could go tighter and that seemed to do the trick.