PDA

View Full Version : V70XC 2.435 cc SE AWD Auto low pressure turbo model vague steering!!

jka
Wednesday 31st December 2014, 18:03
Hi Folks.
Looks like I might be changing after 7 glorious years driving a lovely T5 which I brought from a member from this site.
Looking at a V70XC 2.435 cc SE AWD Auto low pressure turbo model. Trouble is after driving my T5 with stiffened/lowered suspension/remapped ECU and
strut brace this XC steering seems too light and with no "feel". Anyone on here ever attempted to improve the steering on a V70XC 2002
model.

JKA

Santa
Wednesday 31st December 2014, 18:20
Hi Folks.
Looks like I might be changing after 7 glorious years driving a lovely T5 which I brought from a member from this site.
Looking at a V70XC 2.435 cc SE AWD Auto low pressure turbo model. Trouble is after driving my T5 with stiffened/lowered suspension/remapped ECU and
strut brace this XC steering seems too light and with no "feel". Anyone on here ever attempted to improve the steering on a V70XC 2002
model.

JKA
Was the T5 you had previously a P1 model?

jka
Thursday 1st January 2015, 19:51
Hi.
It was a 70 series. Black estate. 1998.

LeeT5
Thursday 1st January 2015, 20:05
Two totally diffent cars and shouldn't be compared.

However, stiffening it up will be a breeze! It's still a P2 platform.
Subframe bush inserts, strut brace alloy mounting brackets, poly top mount, gearbox to subframe small bush (poly), poly the wishbones bushes stick a few on the rear end aswell and your car will be transformed!
All that will cost you about a grand but well worth it.

jka
Friday 2nd January 2015, 13:53
Thank you. Very kind.
Trouble is I don't want it too stiffened as that's part of the reason I am getting rid of my current stiffened T5.....the other half hates the way it is modified suspension wise...however she loves the power and responsiveness!!
Which one of your recommendations would be best just to improve the the "light steering"?

LeeT5
Friday 2nd January 2015, 15:18
Thank you. Very kind.
Trouble is I don't want it too stiffened as that's part of the reason I am getting rid of my current stiffened T5.....the other half hates the way it is modified suspension wise...however she loves the power and responsiveness!!
Which one of your recommendations would be best just to improve the the "light steering"?

Poly wishbone bushes
Subframe bush inserts (but only on the rear bushes)

Ric@rdo
Friday 2nd January 2015, 19:54
Why only the subframe rear bushes LeeT5?

LeeT5
Saturday 3rd January 2015, 12:26
Why only the subframe rear bushes LeeT5?

If you poly all the subframe then you'll have increased engine noise and will be much firmer. If you only poly the rear bushes then the steering will become firmer yet the engine will still have movement on the subframe and therefore less noise.
I know, because I did this myself and have tried both methods.