PDA

View Full Version : Cheap upgrades (new user)

bassman_2_1
Friday 26th December 2014, 02:34
Hello everyone, i'm a new uses to the forum- really enjoying my purchase of a 2002 v70 2.5T AWD. My old trusty v40 got wrote off, while I got the car cheap I'm looking at upgrading the car and who knows maybe PIMP MY RIDE style.. well not that far but the car is pretty quick with 200bhp. I'm looking at some mods that will improve the power etc and any interior styling that could be done relatively cheap. I think I'm sold on the v70 and it's perfect for the family and great to drive. And if anybody can tell me if it's hard to upgrade the head unit? Just seen a great unit on ebay /sat nav/dvd/blue tooth all in one

Thanks

Ettienne
Friday 26th December 2014, 06:24
Tbh people have tuned the 2.5 lpt to good effect, but it's more costly and with the hpt it's easier and doesn't involve changing the turbo.

It's usually map, exhaust, which for most us all that's needed, but not sure how much that would benefit you maybe to 240 bhp ish?

If you wanted more maybe change the turbo or look into buying the t5? As you be looking at 280-350 depending on which model t5 you bought and which map and exhaust.

Ask deathy he's tuned one of these.

M-R-P
Friday 26th December 2014, 09:33
Welcome aboard :) good choice in car.

Keep an eye on the speedo cluster for weirdness and the throttle body for rough idle and flat spots in acceleration. These are pretty much the only weak points of the car (unless it's an auto)

Feel free to pick through my threads for ideas or just ask - I'm always around the forum looking for trouble ;)