PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Hoses

Rogo1806
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 10:21
Hi All,

The rubber turbo hoses for my V70R are soft and are expanding. I was thinking to replace them with BLACK silicon hoses as the genuine prices are rediculous.

I've seen a DO88 set for £100.. But I've also seen a set on eBay for £53.50!! http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=350672915067

Anybody had any experience of these cheaper ones and if silicon hoses actually make a diff!

Thanks,
Rohit

claymore
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 10:35
The ebay ones look fine to me.

Sweep
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 12:39
Cheap for a reason, cheap ebay hoses rarely fit well and are very much sub standard in quality.
Samco do an OEM looking set.

xllifts850
Friday 2nd January 2015, 14:07
Could you post up your findings on these ebay hoses, if you went ahead and ordered them. Cheers Dave.

Dan H
Sunday 4th January 2015, 00:54
eBay hoses are cr*p, Well some of them are, I've got two types on mine atm and the ones that are vecy cheap and feel like plastic, I have blown holes in them twice! now i've got some cheap silicone hoses from ebay on and these havent split up to now, feel a little stronger that the others, Try Auto Silicone Hose, they seem to be a decent price for decent quality

Biff
Sunday 4th January 2015, 05:19
I replaced my hoses on my v70r but regretted it when I came to build a rip kit, I could of just bought hoses seperately to fit around the reverse pipes for cheaper.

foammanmark
Saturday 10th January 2015, 18:02
Not replaced any hoses on a Volvo, but have done 8 on my 9-5. She was 'mooing' when I got her, which was due to disconnected vac hoses. Just Ramair stuff off the bay for me.