PDA

View Full Version : soundproofing v70

expolicev70t5
Sunday 14th December 2014, 16:11
Having been in a couple of x5's & a Q7 I was inpressed with how quiet they are inside. I was therefore thinking about adding some sound proofing to under boot floor, and under rear seats to make car a bit quieter. I've been looking at 6 mm thick closed cell self adhesive sound proofing that is on ebay. Has anyone else done this and does it make much difference? If you have what products have you used.
Thanks in advance Paul

abdul
Sunday 14th December 2014, 21:25
Would dynamat be better for this

Harvey
Sunday 14th December 2014, 21:31
LeeT5 did the boot in his.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?51462-Busy-busy-busy!!!&p=620748&viewfull=1#post620748

expolicev70t5
Monday 15th December 2014, 11:15
Do you know if if made much difference sound wise? Looking at what Lee did is exactly what I had in mind, matting I had been looking at was Dodo sound proofing, but if Dynamat makes a big difference then I might go down that route

LeeT5
Tuesday 23rd December 2014, 23:47
Do you know if if made much difference sound wise? Looking at what Lee did is exactly what I had in mind, matting I had been looking at was Dodo sound proofing, but if Dynamat makes a big difference then I might go down that route

Sorry for late reply.
Yes, it did make a difference. The bass from the sub has more depth and its quieter in the back in terms of road noise.
I've not got round to doing the front doors yet, but they will get done in the spring.
There is definitely less vibration.

expolicev70t5
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 09:23
Thanks Lee for that, will definitely go down that route then and from what you've said I think I might do doors as well