PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum hoses!!

BobbysleeperV70
Thursday 11th December 2014, 17:21
Hi guys, got a 1999 v70t5 2.3 with the underslung throttle body (me7 presumably?) It has had the 19t upgrade on it.
Struggling big time to get the vaccum hoses right for the turbo and for the purge valve. Can someone help me? I'm running out of time to get this sorted and it's driving me insane.
Can somebody either explain where they go or direct me to a diagram?
Cheers
Bobby

M-R-P
Thursday 11th December 2014, 17:32
Pipe from the compressor housing goes into the metal port on the tcv, the actuator pipe goes to the 90 degree (bottom) port on the tcv, the 3rd port on the tcv is the return to the big inlet pipe between the maf and the turbo.
There's a smaller diameter pipe that goes from the passenger side of the inlet manifold to the recirc valve on the turbo.

BobbysleeperV70
Thursday 11th December 2014, 17:39
Ok cheers mate, what about for all the purge valve e.t.c? I seem to have a spare empty slot on the purge valve.
Basically I've replaced the engine completely and I'm having to plumb it all from scratch.

M-R-P
Thursday 11th December 2014, 19:33
The larger vac hoses?
Purge valve under the inlet manifold?
Pipe from middle of inlet plenum?

If so, I'll have a look later fir you if you want.

BobbysleeperV70
Thursday 11th December 2014, 20:20
The larger vac hoses?

The one from the middle of the inlet, the small nipple on the pipe between the maf and turbo inlet, the both ends of the purge valve. I don't remember where any of it goes and I've lost the pictures :/

BobbysleeperV70
Thursday 11th December 2014, 20:51
The larger vac hoses?

The only easy to read diagrams/pics I seem to be able to find are of non me7 and non underside mounted throttle bodys :/ I need it finished tomorrow it's driving me insane.
I assume there's no way of bypassing anything if I'm missing any parts?

M-R-P
Friday 12th December 2014, 06:15
OK.
Pipe from the middle of the plenum goes round to the side of the block and has a one way valve in it. It terminates in a tee. one side of the tee goes to the purge valve, the other goes via another one way valve, to the inlet pipe. Orientate the one way valves to allow vacuum to the purge and pressure to the inlet pipe (I think).

3 connections on the inlet pipe will be..

smallest - dump from TCV
slightly larger - dump from purge
biggest - breather system on the ptc nipple
If there's a 4th port, it'll be the breather for the fuel return (thin white/clear hard pipe)