PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in or near Manchester with Vida/Dice??

Doingitsideways
Friday 5th December 2014, 16:09
So, the S80 T6 is back to running like a bag of spanners again :(

It did it about a year ago, had it plugged in at an indy, but it was inconclusive.
Not very helpful really.

It's got an intermittent misfire, quite heavy at idle, but once the revs are up it seems much smoother. Although that's probably due to it being a 6pot and an auto where most vibration would be lost through the slushbox, being less direct than a manual.

Power is also definitely down a fair bit.

I can't remember exactly what I did last time. I definitely cleaned the MAF, and think I changed the plugs and gave it a bit of a service too.

Personally, I suspect one of the coil packs has gone south, but would like to see if I can confirm or deny this.

Anyway, just wandering if there's anyone around my way that could read my codes and try to make head nor tail of them??

Would sort out a few beers for anyone who can help ;)

Cheers,
Steve

foammanmark
Friday 5th December 2014, 16:30
Adam at Readview near Accrington would charge you a bit for him to check your code/s, but is that the indy that you've already tried?

Doingitsideways
Friday 5th December 2014, 17:01
No, I used Trevor Burgess in Hyde.

At the time, a member from VOC had a go at reading them for me, but didn't know what to make of them.

He reset them for me anyway, then it was booked into the indy about a week later.
I had to work, so I sent my Dad in with it.
Big mistake, as my Dad is an actual idiot and failed to tell them what they were looking for.
Most of the information I got back from the indy was nonsense and completely unrelated (mirrors, heated seats etc) but as it was behaving itself I just forgot about it.

I work pretty much every day of the week, so thought I'd ask on here if there's anyone about that could help, as I'd really rather not waste another £60 sending my Dad to another indy.

jdavis
Friday 5th December 2014, 18:00
I have it in south Yorkshire if that's any good to you?

Redbrick
Friday 5th December 2014, 19:43
RobbieH on T5D5 lives in or around Manchester.

Doingitsideways
Friday 5th December 2014, 22:27
Yeah, Robbie did it last time.
Good bloke, but he didn't know what to make of the codes it threw.

Hmm... South Yorkshire is a bit far. Would cost more i petrol than to take it to Volvo! :(

dtp
Saturday 6th December 2014, 06:05
You can buy a dice for around £75 now. Might be worth the investment

jdavis
Saturday 6th December 2014, 07:55
You could probably buy a laptop and Vida via eBay for around £250 all in.

Doingitsideways
Saturday 6th December 2014, 10:41
Yeah, I have thought about it.
Just heard to too many stories of them not working properly, chinese copies etc :(

Garett
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 17:24
Readview in Accrington are great and I'm sure if you send your dad, you could just talk to them on the phone about the issue before he takes it in?

Theres a place in Stockport called Hallmark too. I've heard good things about Trevor Burgess, might be worth taking it back there but actually talk to him yourself if you don't trust your dad!