PDA

View Full Version : The White Shadow build thread :)

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 02:59
Here's where I will post everything about my Volvo, so not only can I look back on it in the future, but if anyone is interested they can follow the build thread and see how the car is coming along :D

Being my car number 6, I thought Id treat myself to a trust steed. The Volvo V70 T5. Found it in Helston, Cornwall advertised for £850 with no MOT.

It had 150k miles on the clock as it was used alot on motorways and also an ex police car.

Knocked the guy down to £700 and got the car delivered to my house next day as it had no MOT.

Will be taking it for MOT soon, apparently only needs new h7 bulbs as the old ones are blown. Test drive was fine. Pulls well and stops well. Just got to see what its really like after mot :O

M-R-P
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 08:28
I had a sneaking suspicion it was a plodder. You've come to the right forum my young friend ;)

This'll start things off...

In 2003, 7 V70 T5s were registered new in the UK. At least 2 have been scrapped. What you have there is a rare car (with the wrong wheels on it)

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 10:17
I had a sneaking suspicion it was a plodder. You've come to the right forum my young friend ;)

This'll start things off...

In 2003, 7 V70 T5s were registered new in the UK. At least 2 have been scrapped. What you have there is a rare car (with the wrong wheels on it)

Thank you :)
I am aware of its rarity, which is another reason I wanted it that much more :)
Don't worry about the wheels, they are due a change in the new year ha

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 12:53
Took the car for an MOT and it failed, no surprise.
Since then I have bought the following:

2x brake hose
Front and rear brake pads
2x Steering ball joint
1x Anti roll bar link
2x H7 bulb
4x 12v Amber bulb
1x Number plate bulb
3x Part warn tyres

Getting tyres changed! :)

Now car is in the garage having a new exhaust put on. Sports cat and stainless steel 2.5 bore, no silencer or back box and hopefully a 4" rolled tip tail pipe!

V70 Graham
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 13:26
Doesn't look anything major MOT wise, hopefully you'll get it passed soon.

polak t5r
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 13:54
Looks good I had mine delivered last week after being a p1 fan and after a week of driving it I love it ill be watching this thread closely seeing what ideas I can pinch lol also im in cornwall aswell where you to?

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 14:19

MOT will be tomorrow morning so only time will tell. Spent a fair few £'s to get it there so I hope it does!

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 14:20
Looks good I had mine delivered last week after being a p1 fan and after a week of driving it I love it ill be watching this thread closely seeing what ideas I can pinch lol also im in cornwall aswell where you to?

Sweet! Yeah man I'll be posting everything I do so feel free to steal some ideas if you like them aha. Im in Camborne :) Along with a few other Volvo's. A close mate of mine has a 850 T5R in black :)

mike 850
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 15:07
More Cornish volvos! Just seen you on Facebook, I'm threemilestone so may see you around

stribo
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 16:09
Looks like a good project.

Haha, like to see you fix it. :P

V70 Graham
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 16:21
Haha, like to see you fix it. :P

I meant for someone of NORMAL mechanical ability !

M-R-P
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 17:54
Feel free to pick through my threads for ideas dude, if you need any pointers, just ask :)

polak t5r
Tuesday 2nd December 2014, 20:29
awesome im in bude so only up the road ive already decided im keeping the black door trim on mine after seeing yours M-R-P i'll be asking alot as this is my first p2 im just enjoying it running sweet at the moment as no doubt when i start fiddling with things it will end up with all sorts of problems lol

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 18:37
Had the Tracking done and Exhaust fitted. Sports cat and stainless steel 2.5 bore, no silencer or back box and a 3" rolled tip tail pipe!

Also took the bumper off and fitted the new parts and bulbs.

What is working on a car, without a proper brew ;)

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 19:03
Here she is at garage getting tracking done, looking pretty :)

Heres the parts, excluding Tyres and exhaust.

Well, the good news is, everything that we have fixed on the car is good and proper. Passed everything that it originally failed on. So thats a good sign. The bad news is, it still failed! This time, on the exhaust for being excessively too noisy compared to a standard car with a good condition silencer. Slightly gutted. But all booked in for tomorrow at another garage, which fitted the exhaust, so it should pass! Heres hoping haha. Other than that, its been a very busy, and expensive few days!

And here she is back at home, waiting for her MOT tomorrow

stribo
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 19:22
Haha, should have got the MOT done before the exhaust, but good progress so far.

Harvey
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 19:26
Exhausts are now part of the type approval,and lots of other bits.

http://www.norfolk.police.uk/safetyadvice/roadsafety/advicetoroadusers/howlegalisyourvehicle.aspx

The garage that made it up if they do MOT's will be interesting what they say about the noise level.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_710.htm

Good start you made.:)

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 19:27
Haha, should have got the MOT done before the exhaust, but good progress so far.

The exhaust was already a fail as the last one was corroded and shot in several places. Needed a new replacement. But the cost of a standard new one was only £80 different to a custom made stainless one, with a sports cat included :/
But thank you :) Cant wait to get it on the road properly!

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 20:29
Well you're setting it up nicely for a remap. Grab a custom maf to turbo pipe and some clean injectors and the remap should see it tickling 280 bhp or more.

polak t5r
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 23:04
Where did you get the exhaust done buddy

mike 850
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 23:18
Looks like the Redruth tyre place?

ovloVolvo
Thursday 4th December 2014, 02:36
Remap is in the pipeline ;) Want to eventually push 300 bhp, but I know what I need to get there :D
Tyres were done local at redruth tyres and tracking done at Tyre finders. MOT has been to Halfrauds first, which was a stupid mistake i know :/ .. and then near where I live a place called Dolcoath motors.
Only gotta get the exhaust noise limits down a bit and it will pass. Other than that, shes one hell of a motor :D

ovloVolvo
Thursday 4th December 2014, 02:55
Where did you get the exhaust done buddy

I got it done at Powells garage near where I live. They done a great job, just a shame it's too noisy for the mots around here! Even an advisory would be okay, better than a fail :/

ovloVolvo
Friday 5th December 2014, 14:51
Was going to take for another MOT but developed a problem on the way. Got myself a puncture. Even the spare wheel was nailed too so was flat. Need to buy another new tyre before MOT but 'should' be ready on Monday at 12:30! With a bit of luck ha2763327634

M-R-P
Friday 5th December 2014, 15:30
It never rains.

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 10th December 2014, 01:07
Just quick update. Car is going in for another MOT tomorrow at 12. Also got the exhaust baffle/bung on order and should be here mid week! :) Will post results tomorrow, hopefully with good news :D

RichT4
Wednesday 10th December 2014, 08:34
Good luck :)

ovloVolvo
Friday 12th December 2014, 13:43
Good news every body. Car has passed its MOT and is loving being on the open road!!! :D So happy it's un real. All taxed, MOT'd and insured :) Still loud as hell but that's all part of the fun :P

M-R-P
Friday 12th December 2014, 13:47
Excellent news mate :)

We'll have to have an ex-plod meet sometime with all the plodders about now :D

RichT4
Friday 12th December 2014, 22:37
Pleased to hear it! And Martin you will have to wait until mine is on the road for that ;)

M-R-P
Friday 12th December 2014, 23:44
Pleased to hear it! And Martin you will have to wait until mine is on the road for that ;)

Pull yer finger out then dude ;)

RichT4
Saturday 13th December 2014, 10:59
Pull yer finger out then dude ;)

I am! So much so my son is helping check out the cylinder head today haha

ovloVolvo
Saturday 13th December 2014, 12:37
Excellent news mate :)

We'll have to have an ex-plod meet sometime with all the plodders about now :D

Yeah man deffo! Love driving her around :) Since having taken it a few hundred miles already, I have noticed a few things that will need sorting. But the main thing is it is on the road and drives ha :)

mafro-T5R
Tuesday 16th December 2014, 12:58
Yo bud .nub said your car is overheating bring it up when your free and we will have a look a what's goin on hopefully head gasket not gone or on way out fingers crossed cheers

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 13:13
Yo bud .nub said your car is overheating bring it up when your free and we will have a look a what's goin on hopefully head gasket not gone or on way out fingers crossed cheers

Yeah man, Car was overheating loads. Its developed a few problems. Thinking driveshaft on way out. Alternator needs replacing as its making a whine sound. Tracking needs doing again as pulling to the right. Turbo needs sorting as im losing boost, so not sure weather it is a pipe leak or a faulty turbo. Clutch is on its way out, so time to save for a new one. Theres also a rubbing sound and a rattle coming from the bay, Thinking loose engine mounts. Gearbox needs oil too. Oh, and the brake pedal hisses after being pressed, so thinking brake servo seal has gone :/

Love the Volvo they said, It'll be fun they said ;) haha

M-R-P
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 16:33
And so begins the rollercoaster that is ex plod ownership :)

Wanna know what a clutch change costs?

expolicev70t5
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 17:39
And so begins the rollercoaster that is ex plod ownership :)

Wanna know what a clutch change costs?

You will frighten him :yikes::yikes::yikes:, if its anything like what my ex plod clutch cost, mind you I had to do duel mass fly wheel at same time

RichT4
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 18:38
Hahahaha sounds like my ex plod is gonna cost less to put back on the road compared to yours!!

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 18:58
Im aware of the costs and hoe much of a job it is haha. Not looking forward to it! Plus all the other things that need doing. But I will save this Volvo and it will keep going, no matter how many times I break my bank haha

M-R-P
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 19:22
Gool lad. Been there myself and you have my condolences lol.

JamesT5
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 19:36
Took the car for an MOT and it failed, no surprise.
Since then I have bought the following:

2x brake hose
Front and rear brake pads
2x Steering ball joint
1x Anti roll bar link
2x H7 bulb
4x 12v Amber bulb
1x Number plate bulb
3x Part warn tyres

Getting tyres changed! :)

Now car is in the garage having a new exhaust put on. Sports cat and stainless steel 2.5 bore, no silencer or back box and hopefully a 4" rolled tip tail pipe!

Nice one, I paid £1100 for mine 3 years ago and it had far more faults on it than yours did. Keep us updated! :D

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 20:00
Nice one, I paid £1100 for mine 3 years ago and it had far more faults on it than yours did. Keep us updated! :D

Still has the faults doesn't it.....

JamesT5
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 20:07
Still has the faults doesn't it.....

Yes but I'm making some progress with those, slowly.

ovloVolvo
Monday 22nd December 2014, 11:40
So, quick update and sadly its not good news! Whilst out on my job yesterday, my gearbox seized up and leaked oil everywhere. Managed to get it home, by slamming it into second gear and leaving it in ha. Looks like I need a new gearbox and maybe a clutch. So back off the road till then! :(

M-R-P
Monday 22nd December 2014, 11:50
How do you mean the box seized up? No selection?

claymore
Monday 22nd December 2014, 11:54
Im aware of the costs and hoe much of a job it is haha. Not looking forward to it! Plus all the other things that need doing. But I will save this Volvo and it will keep going, no matter how many times I break my bank haha

Ohh dear, that statement sounds very familiar, for god sake don't let your heart rule over your head or you will soon be into a few grand on a car that is only worth £700. and please what ever you do, don't take any advice from JamesT5.

ovloVolvo
Monday 22nd December 2014, 13:05
How do you mean the box seized up? No selection?

Yeah was driving along and it popped out of gear. Then later again but wouldnt go into any gears. Took several attempts and then when we finally got it going again it started smoking loads and making horrible noises, not going into any gears at all, even when parked and engine off. And left a nasty smell with a patch of oil, or two :(

expolicev70t5
Monday 22nd December 2014, 13:14
Could be duel mass flywheel failure? I had same happen on a Peugeot 307 a number of years ago

ovloVolvo
Monday 22nd December 2014, 13:27
Had Mafro-T5R come out to rescue and look at the problem, confirmed that its a gearbox failure. Found me another one quite cheap but just done have the funds t hand right now :( I trust him as he's been through a few in his time with his Volvo haha

M-R-P
Monday 22nd December 2014, 14:29
That's quite surprising - the newer M56 LK box is pretty tough - mine's on nearly 215k miles now.

Ok, it's a bit twitchy going into reverse and sometimes 1st but it takes a regular beating and hasn't got any worse since in 5 years.

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 22:54
Today I got handy with the tools and took the plastics off that I am going to wrap. All degreased and cleaned up, ready to rock n roll!

Whilst taking bits off, I also thought id take the time to see where my lack of power is coming from and truth be hold, I have a major boost leak in the hose next to the turbo.

I also need new top mount as the one I have I can move with my fingers haha so imagine what the engine is doing to it D:

So, thats a good few hours done and now time to save for a clutch, pipe work/silicone hose and gear box :)

Happy Christmas everyone :D

hemihusky
Wednesday 24th December 2014, 23:16
is that purple C/F or are my eyes tricking me? will certainly be differant. also you can polybush those top mounts. it can (as far as i know) make the engine noise louder in the cabin but considering your exhaust system a page ago. i wouldnt say noise is your main priority? =P

ovloVolvo
Thursday 25th December 2014, 00:20
Yeah that is a carbon fiber in purple and bronze :) I am getting a yellow poly mount as I think it will look pretty well in the bay, as well as function better than what I currently have aha. Noise is no issue ;D

M-R-P
Thursday 25th December 2014, 01:48
That mount is supposed to "float " mate. Although the poly one is much better.

Watching with interest, I remember when I started wrapping things... It can get addictive after a while ;)

stribo
Thursday 25th December 2014, 11:56
As Martin said, there's meant to be movement in the top mount, our S60R is exactly the same.

ovloVolvo
Thursday 25th December 2014, 14:26
There's movement and then there's that. There is just a bolt holding it haha. Going for he yellow poly bush :)
Wrapping starts after Xmas is out the way!

Now, anyone know where I can get deep purple hoses for the intercooler ect? I can only find blue or red and don't like them! Haha

hemihusky
Thursday 25th December 2014, 14:40
i seen a few companies do black for p2's that could work. but unless you can have custom colors made up? never had to really enquirer about it

ovloVolvo
Thursday 25th December 2014, 15:24
I was thinking black with purple clamps, but gonna try and find purple hoses if I can to match the purple theme. But not the pink lookin one, i like dark :) haha

hemihusky
Thursday 25th December 2014, 15:51
ya mean like this purple or darker?

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/180/083/877/877083180_443.jpg

AndysR
Thursday 25th December 2014, 17:30
Blimey looks like a rollercoaster ride ahead, you must be a Volvo owner.. Lol

ovloVolvo
Thursday 25th December 2014, 18:19
ya mean like this purple or darker?

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/180/083/877/877083180_443.jpg

Darker if I can find it. But if not, is that for p2 v70? Might have to settle for pink ¬¬

M-R-P
Thursday 25th December 2014, 20:13
Darker if I can find it. But if not, is that for p2 v70? Might have to settle for pink ¬¬

That's P1 kit there mate.

hemihusky
Thursday 25th December 2014, 20:48
yea I was more asking about color =) if I spy a p2 kit ill let ya know

Saaamon
Thursday 25th December 2014, 21:06
Why not replace with genuine volvo ones?

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 25th December 2014, 21:40
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221428027359?nav=SEARCH

Your welcome ;)
My car was guinea pig lol

ovloVolvo
Friday 26th December 2014, 13:32
Today I fitted tthe wrap and put the dashboard back together. Mostly ;)
and started work on the spark plug cover and fuel rail cover. Not looking too bad if I do say so myself :)

RichT4
Friday 26th December 2014, 17:02
Today I fitted tthe wrap and put the dashboard back together. Mostly ;)
and started work on the spark plug cover and fuel rail cover. Not looking too bad if I do say so myself :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm very nice :p

Might have given me ideas.

M-R-P
Friday 26th December 2014, 17:11
I'll be interested to see how long the wrap on the fuel rail lasts with the heat.

ovloVolvo
Friday 26th December 2014, 17:41
I'll be interested to see how long the wrap on the fuel rail lasts with the heat.

I too am slightly curious. Not expecting it to last but worth a shot. IF it doesnt work, Ill get an alloy one and get it sprayed and dipped. It'll still look nice :)

ovloVolvo
Friday 26th December 2014, 17:43
I have just finished some more of the interior. Only a few more bits to go! Need another roll though as i like it a bit much and want to continue to do the other plastic bits :D

AndysR
Saturday 27th December 2014, 11:50
I too am slightly curious. Not expecting it to last but worth a shot. IF it doesnt work, Ill get an alloy one and get it sprayed and dipped. It'll still look nice :)

I was thinking the same, fingers crossed it lasts though as I'm sure it will look good if going by your efforts so far on the interior :)

ovloVolvo
Saturday 27th December 2014, 20:04
Today finished the centre pieces. All looking sweet :)

Then took a deeper look into the bay and found this in the spark plug area. Any ideas what this could be? Im thinking the breather pipe next to it but as it is 3 degrees here today I wasnt spending too much time getting stuck in lmao

The Flying Moose
Saturday 27th December 2014, 20:26
Looking good mate, all you need now is a nice gear and handbrake gaitor! ;)

hemihusky
Saturday 27th December 2014, 20:28
could also be the oil cap seal as thats what my oil splatter up there was

AndysR
Saturday 27th December 2014, 22:42
Try a replacement oil filler cap seal first and clean it up, if it returns then it's probably the breathers, might also be worth check to make sure they're clear when the engine is running again as if they're blocked it will cause this leak.

ovloVolvo
Monday 29th December 2014, 12:28
Looking good mate, all you need now is a nice gear and handbrake gaitor! ;)

Will get one soon. I found one that was black with purple stitching on it that looked pretty good and would go nicely with the rest of the effect :)

Also, Now taken the inlet manifold off ready for deep cleaning and spraying. New inlet gasket on order to replace old perished one. Slowly but surely getting some progress in this cold weather ! :D

ovloVolvo
Monday 29th December 2014, 15:28
Just cleaned up the manifold. Looking much better than before !
I know ive posted a pic already but heres side by side of old n new (Clean!)
27776 27777

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 31st December 2014, 18:03
Today the post man delivered the goods! One pipe ready to be replaced. No more boost leak :D

Also. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ON VPCUK

ovloVolvo
Friday 2nd January 2015, 16:47
Gearbox found, ordered and dispatched. Should be here Monday! :D
Time to get to work and try remove the original box ready for the new one.

The box Ive ordered has a final drive ration of 3.7.. Is that correct for my car? Its from a 2003 manual t5 which is what I have... But I always thought my car was a 4.0 final drive ?

M-R-P
Friday 2nd January 2015, 17:17

Bin that air filter setup mate, itll be strangling the airflow at high revs/boost.

ovloVolvo
Friday 2nd January 2015, 17:28
Bin that air filter setup mate, itll be strangling the airflow at high revs/boost.

Dont worry, it isnt staying that way. I just havnt changed it yet. It came with the car like that ha :)

ovloVolvo
Thursday 8th January 2015, 18:43
So yesterday the gearbox arrived! :D Woop woop.
Today i spent the afternoon degreasing and cleaning all the oil and crap off it. Was a bit of a mission, but got most of it off :)
Now just need to fit the thing... I have no idea how either lol
27828 27825
27826 27827

M-R-P
Thursday 8th January 2015, 18:49
Count the number of splines on the output shaft, it should be 23.

I would have thought you'd have an LK box, rather than an L but at least it'll accelerate nicely :)

ovloVolvo
Friday 9th January 2015, 04:35
Its the only gearbox I could find :( Its better than what I have already ;) And yeah, acceleration is always better than top end around here as you cant really go fast, but you can get to the speed quicker ;)

And if the output shaft is the bit of metal sticking out in the middle with the green rubber housing, then it has 20 splines instead of 23

M-R-P
Friday 9th January 2015, 07:43
And if the output shaft is the bit of metal sticking out in the middle with the green rubber housing, then it has 20 splines instead of 23

I think you may have a problem then :(. The clutch you have will almost certainly be 23 tooth and won't fit. On the upside, the clutch is about 50 quid cheaper on the 20 tooth version.

Probably a good idea to try your clutch on that shaft before you try fitting it.

kmb
Friday 9th January 2015, 09:32
Nice thread, very dedicated and I think I'd have given up long ago with the problems!

Did you buy the complete boost hose set or just the one piece? How difficult would it be to change all hoses with the engine/ancilliaries in-situ?

I was thinking of buying one of those £70 Ebay China boost hose sets to see if my original Volvo hoses are hiding any leaks (as far as I know they're not)...

M-R-P
Friday 9th January 2015, 09:38
Nice thread, very dedicated and I think I'd have given up long ago with the problems!

Did you buy the complete boost hose set or just the one piece? How difficult would it be to change all hoses with the engine/ancilliaries in-situ?

I was thinking of buying one of those £70 Ebay China boost hose sets to see if my original Volvo hoses are hiding any leaks (as far as I know they're not)...

Hose changes aren't too difficult if you have skinny arms and a good memory :)

kmb
Friday 9th January 2015, 09:47
I don't have either... Maybe I'll wait for a leak before attempting such things :lol:

ovloVolvo
Friday 9th January 2015, 17:50
I think you may have a problem then :(. The clutch you have will almost certainly be 23 tooth and won't fit. On the upside, the clutch is about 50 quid cheaper on the 20 tooth version.

Probably a good idea to try your clutch on that shaft before you try fitting it.

Damn, well always look for a positive... means I get to save for a new clutch as well ;)
Will try fitting it when I get the other one out. Unfortunately the weathers been pretty bad so everything is sort of on hold.. Sorta :P

Also, kmb, I bought it on ebay for £5 just to see if would fit. They sent me the wrong size. (63mm instead of 51) Now ordered another part so awaiting delivery on that.
I havent found a 'kit' for the p2 yet, apart from on the IPD website, but their prices are a bit too high for my liking. Plus, its US, so shipping to UK cost a tonne too! :( But, Will keep this thread updated on a regular basis so I'm sure it might help you somewhere along the way :)

timbo
Friday 9th January 2015, 19:06
KMB don't buy that Chinese tat offv eBay! Get onto Psf parts for volvo and get the do88.se kit or a samco kit!

ovloVolvo
Friday 9th January 2015, 19:13
KMB don't buy that Chinese tat offv eBay! Get onto Psf parts for volvo and get the do88.se kit or a samco kit!

Good shout! I even have this website on my bookmarks, why didnt I think about that? :slap:

RichT4
Friday 9th January 2015, 20:51
Change the Clutch Slave cylinder at the same time buddy, :) Should come with the Clutch when you order it.
I've just fitted my clutch onto the new block, the gearbox is ready to go back on now.

Also you will need to manufacture a tool to set the clutch up prior to putting it onto the Flywheel. unless you purchase one from Volvo. I used a valve spring compressor and a couple of tins to compress the finger like springs. (check out the Haynes manual for a guide.

ovloVolvo
Friday 9th January 2015, 20:58
Change the Clutch Slave cylinder at the same time buddy, :) Should come with the Clutch when you order it.
I've just fitted my clutch onto the new block, the gearbox is ready to go back on now.

Also you will need to manufacture a tool to set the clutch up prior to putting it onto the Flywheel. unless you purchase one from Volvo. I used a valve spring compressor and a couple of tins to compress the finger like springs. (check out the Haynes manual for a guide.

Been told that by a few people so I will be doing that. Just found a clutch tool from Volvo, fairly cheap :)

RichT4
Friday 9th January 2015, 21:42
Been told that by a few people so I will be doing that. Just found a clutch tool from Volvo, fairly cheap :)

Fingers crossed then buddy we can all have a meet up with our 'refurbished' Ex plods when we're done :D

ovloVolvo
Wednesday 14th January 2015, 12:05
Started work on the gearbox. First time doing anything like this so I do have a friend helping (Or doing most of the work ;) ) And it should be out, ready for the new one to go in very soon. Just need to order that clutch! :)

expolicev70t5
Wednesday 14th January 2015, 13:06
Damn, well always look for a positive... means I get to save for a new clutch as well ;)
Will try fitting it when I get the other one out. Unfortunately the weathers been pretty bad so everything is sort of on hold.. Sorta :P

Also, kmb, I bought it on ebay for £5 just to see if would fit. They sent me the wrong size. (63mm instead of 51) Now ordered another part so awaiting delivery on that.
I havent found a 'kit' for the p2 yet, apart from on the IPD website, but their prices are a bit too high for my liking. Plus, its US, so shipping to UK cost a tonne too! :( But, Will keep this thread updated on a regular basis so I'm sure it might help you somewhere along the way :)

Have you tried Roose Motorsport, they might be able to help as T5RatherAmusin got all his hoses there and I think they were a kit

ovloVolvo
Friday 30th January 2015, 16:06
Thought Id update you all as I havent been very active lately. Had other things to amend too. BUT, Good news is, New parts Listed below! :
Sachs new clutch, 20 tooth.
Do88 boost pipes (In blue! :( ).
Inlet manifold gasket.
Throttle body gasket.
Window sticker, because everyone loves a sticker ;)

The gearbox is almost out. Just needs the correct weather to finish it off. Other gearbox is still all good, test fitted the clutch in it and seems to be all good. thank God :)

Any other updates I can think of I will post later, struggling to think of everything atm haha. Happy days, peace :)

hemihusky
Friday 30th January 2015, 16:18
they may be blue but DO88 do some rather nice piping. also where did you get the giant sticker from? i got one but its teeny and black so useless to me XD

ovloVolvo
Friday 30th January 2015, 16:33
Yeah I know. I wanted purple but at the end of the day, its a good brand and still got the 'modified' look to it to anyone that looks under the bonnet ;)
I got the sticker on good old ebay, but I got a friend that has a buisness in doing custom stickers, badges and banners, so if you cant find what you are looking for, i can send you a link to his facebook page and he will be able to do pretty much what ever you want :)

hemihusky
Friday 30th January 2015, 16:35
if ya could. i do want a lil custom sticker for the rear load area windows on the dinosaur

ovloVolvo
Friday 30th January 2015, 16:39
if ya could. i do want a lil custom sticker for the rear load area windows on the dinosaur

Check out this page 'Locking Vinyl'. The guy is called Darren Harding. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LockingVynil/?fref=ts
He will help you out :)

ovloVolvo
Tuesday 3rd February 2015, 18:44
Now sprayed the inlet manifold, looking pretty good considering ive never sprayed anything before ha.2801728018

Heres the boost hoses next to the old ones. Cant wait to install them :) 28019

Cars looking pretty cold... Looks awesome in the snow though.2802028021

Now. Got to work yesterday, managed to remove the starter motor and all the bolts for the gearbox. Only thing left to do now is , drain transmission fluid, remove driveshafts and drop subframe. then I can remove the gearbox and install the new one, along with the clutch, then repeat the process in reverse! Whilst tidying the bay and installing all the new gaskets and colourful inlet ;) Progress is slow but getting there :)

RichT4
Tuesday 3rd February 2015, 21:20
Looking very nice mate :)

ovloVolvo
Thursday 12th February 2015, 02:58
So great news. Gearbox is out, new one in! Had to get a new flywheel as the original was a dual mass, and wasnt right for the clutch ordered, so changed now to a single mass flywheel with a new clutch and gearbox!

Put the car on the road after starting it and got it working, only to go and pop a driveshaft. So had to replace that too!

Car is all back together and was running pretty well, until the power steering pump went! -.- Leaked everywhere. So back in for maintenance...

Leak (Sort of) fixed, took for a drive and was all going well.. now the alternator wont charge the battery and causing me to bump start the car... which is a heavy job to keep having to do ! haha
... And only yesterday night I had everything sorted out on the car... the belt then decides to snap and take the pully with it. Car is now back on the driveway.. awaiting a new belt and pully, may even get a new power steering pump too! .. Volvo's eh ? lol

p.s. Special thanks to a forum member MafroT5r for helping out with alot. Couldnt have done this with out your help! So thank you very much!!! :)

ovloVolvo
Thursday 12th February 2015, 14:06
Forgot to add some photos in last post... here they are aha!

mafro-T5R
Saturday 14th February 2015, 17:54
It was no probs bud done the same to mine a few times over the last 9 years so is fairly easy catch you soon