PDA

View Full Version : Finaly some pics and open to ideas

Crazy Eddie
Sunday 20th November 2005, 09:33
Hi guys finally loaded some pics of my car up in vgarage any ideas for future mods please send them through.
Oh and what is a good strut brace and where can you get one from?

DaveS60D5
Sunday 20th November 2005, 09:57
Hi guys finally loaded some pics of my car up in vgarage any ideas for future mods please send them through.

Nice Motor mate!

What's the position on legality regards window tints these days? I always thought complete black-outs were illegal??

That' Yamaha bike took a pasting!!! Ouch! Were you on it at the time? Were you hurt??

Next Mod I'd do if you don't want to spend lots on an ECU remap for performance, is change your wheels for some 17" R alloys - there are several types so take your pick, mine are comets but not all people like them :)

Personally, I love 'em! :)

Andrew
Sunday 20th November 2005, 09:59

Morning Eddie.

I'll check your pics in a bit and report back - always worth looking at others sigs and vbgarage for tips and ideas on mods - all mine are listed for example in my vbgarage along with others that I will eventually get around to.

As for the strut brace - The Volvo one is obviously best - it's an OEM part so won't effect your insurance and is designed specifically for your car - gets round various bits etc. It's also a nice aluminium so you can keep as is or paint it.

They cost between 70-85quid and are available from most dealers as well as independents such as www.volvotuninguk.com and swautos etc.

Cheers.
Ac.

Andrew
Sunday 20th November 2005, 10:07
Some mods:

* First and formost a Stage 0 tune - see the howto section

* New wheels - perhaps titans or 18" pegs.

* Some new brakes - need good stopping power before extra performance - I recommend the volvo tuning UK feddoro/brembo combo - I've had them on my last two cars and they stop on a dime.

* I think a nice coachline would look great on this silver car.

* Ecu remap - the main two competitors seem to be RICA and MTE - superchips is a waste of time, BSR I've not heard much about but it's switchable between standard and performance so you can do it yourself should you need. Pound for pound a remap is the best thing you can do.

spesh
Sunday 20th November 2005, 11:53
He's done the re map thing you guys, if you read his bit in v garage!!!!! it's not there just for the pics ill have you know!!

""""Immediately went to VT in Bromsgrove to get it RICA chipped and Filter and am very pleased with outcome."""""

Nice car mate, shame about the bike!!

Crazy Eddie
Sunday 20th November 2005, 12:37
Yeah bike bit of a disaster. Broken Pelvis(front and back), both thumbs, left ankle and a dislocated left knee.

Thanks Andrew volvo strut sounds like a winner.

Window tints on any rear windows fully legal just not on front.

Will keep you posted with new mods then.

Andrew
Sunday 20th November 2005, 13:33
He's done the re map thing you guys, if you read his bit in v garage!!!!! it's not there just for the pics ill have you know!!

""""Immediately went to VT in Bromsgrove to get it RICA chipped and Filter and am very pleased with outcome."""""

That wasn't there when I looked Spesh :P

t5 stealth
Sunday 20th November 2005, 13:43
hi
as was said before by another member,
volvo sell the proper job strut brace,
i got 1 it was £64.00 + vat
looks good aswell,

Aiken
Sunday 20th November 2005, 14:12
What's the position on legality regards window tints these days? I always thought complete black-outs were illegal??

Firstly, nice mods so far Eddie. Gof for the strut brace, it does make a difference for sure, much sharper handling on the front end.

I think the black out's is okay as long as not the front side windows. I believe that for the front side windows you can only have 75% tint legally, which is basically the tint some cars already comes with (I know the newish Vectra already has 75% tint as standard).

I think if its the back windows then you can have anything, but not authorative on this so anyone else feel free to jump in.

spesh
Sunday 20th November 2005, 19:42
That wasn't there when I looked Spesh :P

Yea yea, if you say so!!!!! lol :slap:

Andrew
Sunday 20th November 2005, 20:09
:D

:nutkick:

Crazy Eddie
Sunday 20th November 2005, 20:37

Just to settle the argument it was there when u looked Andrew.

I hope this helps!!!! :)
Thanks for feedback guys will keep u posted on developments.

Andrew
Sunday 20th November 2005, 20:46
erm
ok
erm
££££££

:frown:

weasel
Sunday 20th November 2005, 21:41
'erm
ok
erm
££££££'

you tell 'em andrew! lol!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 21st November 2005, 01:02
Just to settle the argument it was there when u looked Andrew.

I hope this helps!!!! :)
Thanks for feedback guys will keep u posted on developments.
Remap - brakes - suspension - cosmetics

Crazy Eddie
Monday 21st November 2005, 09:19
erm
ok
erm
££££££

:frown:

soz but it was worth it to see the smiley getting kicked in the nuts!!!!!

mat562be
Monday 21st November 2005, 09:36
Firstly, nice mods so far Eddie. Gof for the strut brace, it does make a difference for sure, much sharper handling on the front end.

I think the black out's is okay as long as not the front side windows. I believe that for the front side windows you can only have 75% tint legally, which is basically the tint some cars already comes with (I know the newish Vectra already has 75% tint as standard).

I think if its the back windows then you can have anything, but not authorative on this so anyone else feel free to jump in.

Back windows can be opaque if you want. (Think car-derived vans) Fronts must let 75% through, Windscreen 80%...