PDA

View Full Version : Headlight reflector fix

gedvan
Thursday 20th November 2014, 14:43
Hi there i thought i would just post this to anyone out there that would like to restore there headlight reflector on a budget like me, i noticed that my reflector was looking very much degraded and the light not that good even after i had put new up graded Philips bulbs in, so i did some thinking and researched some ideas on the internet, some suggestions were to spray with alloy silver spray or get them re silvered at some cost, the spray idea i thought was not good enough to my way of thinking you can never get a good reflection from this,so after some more research i came up with using mylar sheet reflexive tape heat proof and self adhesive at a cost of £7.99 a roll , i had a spare headlight in the garage which i did try some time ago to spray with silver paint so thought i would try with this just to see if it would work,after about an hour neatly taping making sure there was no air bubbles and as little creasing as pos i had finished it didnt look perfect but was alot better then the one on the car so after a good polish i put it on the car and wow what a difference when you put the lens on you can hardy see any imperfections in the tape, i must say i am very pleased with the light just like new,so think i will do the same with the near side lamp,hope this is a help to anyone out there with the same problem on a budget GED