PDA

View Full Version : T5R front bumper - help please???

T5chris
Monday 7th February 2005, 16:26
Can anyone help?

To cut a long story short I have been trying to get hold of one of these for ages now. I have been directed to my local volvo dealership which to be honest seem like a bunch of money hungry prats. Basically they have refused to sell me a plain bumper, they reckon they have to sell me one which is supplied painted to order. This pushes the price up to around £400. (They also did my dads last service on his S80 and told him that the brake pads where goosed when they were aprox only 1/4 worn and also snapped his locking wheel nut key then tried to say they hadn't!!!).

The main problem I have is that the same company has the franchises on ALL the Volvo dealerships in the the North East, ie. Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle and Stockton. This means thay are all telling me the same but this conflicts with what other people have told me on t5r.org forum.

Can any suggest where I will get a one which isn't painted (the whole car will be resprayed at the same time so want the bumper to be part of this so there is no variation in shades) or a good quality second hand item?

Many Thanks
Chris....

mikey
Monday 7th February 2005, 16:44
hello mate
i asked the same question a little while ago,and justin and dave put me onto a chap called craig,alias tomcat on here.he makes them himself and i don't think they come painted,he quoted me £80 +£40 posting.and i don't think you could tell the difference between the genuine volvo one's and his one's!!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 02:09
Yeah - talk to Craig (aka Tomcat) in Wigan. He has been making quite a few lately - and good feedback has been noted! :thewave:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 09:10
As above - Craig has made and sold a few and had really good feedback. You wont find one cheaper!!

x

Tomcat
Tuesday 8th February 2005, 20:00
Aw shucks, your gonna make me blush!. Cheers guys.

Yup as quoted they are £80 and £40 for carriage. If you want them painted I can do that as well but it will be extra of course.

PM me and we'll discuss what you need.

T5chris
Friday 11th February 2005, 20:10
Cheers tomcat mate.

PM sent.

C....

Bracer
Monday 14th February 2005, 09:17
Tomcat I will be wanting one fairly soon, I hope, finances allowing, but how long is the waiting list at the mo ?

monsterdark
Monday 14th February 2005, 21:29
Get in line bracer M8 :wink: he's supposed to be sorting out the evolve type bumpers for us v70 guys arn't you craig M8 :hidesbehi

Bracer
Tuesday 15th February 2005, 08:40
Get in line bracer M8 :wink: he's supposed to be sorting out the evolve type bumpers for us v70 guys arn't you craig M8 :hidesbehi

One thing I will never be is inline monsterdark :wink:

Anyway I'm sure a man with Tomcats talent can make a 850 "R" vallance with his right hand while he makes a S/V series Evolve vallance with his left :dgrin:

T5chris
Wednesday 16th February 2005, 19:38
Cheers guys,

Have spoken to Tomcat, just waiting for confirmation of how long it will take.

Chris....

Bracer
Thursday 17th February 2005, 08:29
Cheers guys,

Have spoken to Tomcat, just waiting for confirmation of how long it will take.

Chris....

Aren't we all :rolleyes:

Tomcat
Thursday 17th February 2005, 17:52
Whats that supposed to mean?........

I didn't know you where waiting for one.

Tomcat
Thursday 17th February 2005, 17:54
Ah soz just read the thread......

Should have the mold ready in the next week or so.....for those that are interested.

I have three on order so leme know when you want one.

Bracer
Friday 18th February 2005, 08:28
Ah soz just read the thread......

Should have the mold ready in the next week or so.....for those that are interested.

I have three on order so leme know when you want one.

Tomcat I will be wanting one fairly soon, I hope, finances allowing, but how long is the waiting list at the mo ?

:wink:

Tomcat
Friday 18th February 2005, 19:21
Er I think at last count I had 3 maybe 4 on order however being as I you mentioned a while ago on here that you wanted one and the 4th isnt confirmed yet, I'll put you in at number 4 mate.

Spent most of last night in a cold garage sorting out the front part of the mold. I've got to go out this weekend to get more fibreglass etc.. then I can get the sides done and er Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's a rude word, where in business. :)

Bracer
Monday 21st February 2005, 09:43
Er I think at last count I had 3 maybe 4 on order however being as I you mentioned a while ago on here that you wanted one and the 4th isnt confirmed yet, I'll put you in at number 4 mate.

Spent most of last night in a cold garage sorting out the front part of the mold. I've got to go out this weekend to get more fibreglass etc.. then I can get the sides done and er Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's a rude word, where in business. :)

Sweet mate thanks :wink: Just give me a shout when I need to have the dosh ready for ya :dgrin:

Steve

monsterdark
Monday 28th February 2005, 11:08
We do all the hard work :) sourcing the bumper transporting it half way across the country & are at the back of the queue waiting for our evolve-ish type bumpers, while all you 850 guys reap the benefits of our hard work :eek: not fair !!!!! Boo Hooo :hidesbehi

Tomcat
Monday 28th February 2005, 18:28
Eh?, the bumper you got wasn't used for the making of the 850 R bumper, and as for the Evolve one, I'll be starting on it as soon as I've completed the mould for the V/S70R bumper next week.
:shifty: