PDA

View Full Version : Boost creep

Rnash2002
Saturday 1st November 2014, 15:36
Ok i have boost creep and its starting to bug me.
I have changed some hoses from the turbo and actuator i have also tryed to adjust the actuator but still starts at 4.4psi and creeps up to around 6 to 7 psi.
Could it be a split in the diaphragm of the recirc vale causing the issue?
Any one had the same issue?

960kg
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 10:09
Read this (http://flatironsrally.typepad.com/faq/2007/12/what-is-boost-c.html)as it may help you understand better?

M-R-P
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 11:53
Daft question but is the tcv plumbed in correctly?

Rnash2002
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 16:59
Daft question but is the tcv plumbed in correctly?
just ran pipe from turbo to actuator and still doing it so not tcv.

Rnash2002
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 17:03
Read this (http://flatironsrally.typepad.com/faq/2007/12/what-is-boost-c.html)as it may help you understand better?
Good read, but i cant see it being the problems they say about as the actuator is the right one for the turbo and has probably been since the car was new?

Rnash2002
Sunday 9th November 2014, 12:05
Ok replaced the actuator and its still the same, well maybe worse as the actuator i replaced seemed a little slack, well next is the recirc valve i think.

LeeT5
Wednesday 11th February 2015, 04:38
Ok i have boost creep and its starting to bug me.
I have changed some hoses from the turbo and actuator i have also tryed to adjust the actuator but still starts at 4.4psi and creeps up to around 6 to 7 psi.
Could it be a split in the diaphragm of the recirc vale causing the issue?
Any one had the same issue?

just ran pipe from turbo to actuator and still doing it so not tcv.

Good read, but i cant see it being the problems they say about as the actuator is the right one for the turbo and has probably been since the car was new?

Ok replaced the actuator and its still the same, well maybe worse as the actuator i replaced seemed a little slack, well next is the recirc valve i think.

I hate threads that start and never finish, what's the point?

We're assuming you've fixed the problem but you don't want to tell us? :smirk:

MaxTS
Wednesday 11th February 2015, 09:47
looking at the for sale thread it seems an MBC has fixed this?
It could well be a boost leak and if it has been a problem for a long time you may find an oil misting around the area of the leak.

LeeT5
Wednesday 11th February 2015, 11:16
looking at the for sale thread it seems an MBC has fixed this?
It could well be a boost leak and if it has been a problem for a long time you may find an oil misting around the area of the leak.

More like, it's masking the fault. Wasn't fixed then....up for sale instead! Great. :smirk:

Buyer beware!