PDA

View Full Version : CD-R's to use in Sc-901

TomS60
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:20
hey guys, just thought i'd share with you all....i bought a SC-901 for me S70 in June to replace my SC-805 and have been searching since for a CD-R that works with no problems at all...e.g no skipping/easy to find tracks/plays straight away.

I tried everything...sony discs, cheapo ones..nothing would work properly..they would play and then when i wanted to re-wind or skip a track it would pause for minutes before playing again.

well....i have now found a CD-R that works with no hint of a problem....
>>>>>>>>They are made primarily for audio (which i spose helps!!)
JVC CD-R Music Audio 700Mb/80Min. No probs at all, and they were cheap, 20 pack for a tenner, with cases. Bonus.

S60D5
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:23
The SC-815 (US Spec) that I'm selling on eBay has worked with every brand of CD-R that I've thrown at it, it sometimes takes a couple of attempts to accept them, but once it does they play flawlessly!

TomS60
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:28
The SC-815 (US Spec) that I'm selling on eBay has worked with every brand of CD-R that I've thrown at it, it sometimes takes a couple of attempts to accept them, but once it does they play flawlessly!

yeah, me 805 played them just the same..flawlessly on the 2nd attempt however i was just after a smarter volvo cd player so i changed it to the 901 not realising that it didn't play copied cd's very well...

S60D5
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:43
yeah, me 805 played them just the same..flawlessly on the 2nd attempt however i was just after a smarter volvo cd player so i changed it to the 901 not realising that it didn't play copied cd's very well...

Is the 901 the 3-disk in dash changer?

I was worried the in-dash changer in the S60 wouldnt play CDR's, but luckly so far it has played them for me flawlessly!

TomS60
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:48
Is the 901 the 3-disk in dash changer?

I was worried the in-dash changer in the S60 wouldnt play CDR's, but luckly so far it has played them for me flawlessly!

yeah the 901 is the 3 disk in dash. works flawlessly now with the new discs thankfully. me dads 4 disc changer in his '03 S80 works no probs too, so you should be fine with the S60. must use completley differnt lenses in the cd players obviously!?!