PDA

View Full Version : Now what??????? Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 19th October 2014, 10:42
Driving home about 7 last night had cause to use the horn well at least i tried but no sound, pushing horn button quite robustly the steering wheel appeared to move/slide in towards the dash a noticable amount then the horn worked? So what the **** now is wrong presumably that is not supposed to happen?? am just lof out to car to get a better look in daylight. Had the car 7 years and do not remember ever having this happen before or in fact ever doing anything with steering wheel. ;-/

Harvey
Sunday 19th October 2014, 10:45
Steering column adjuster loose ?.

M-R-P
Sunday 19th October 2014, 10:47
The rubber grip on the steering rake probably slipped, causing it to sink into the dash a bit. Just unlock it and pull it back out (if you haven't done that already) I saw oblark's wheel shoot into the dash while on a "test drive", under "enthusiastic" braking. Quit funny that.

The horn problem is likely to be the wiring or horn switch itself.

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 19th October 2014, 11:45
The rubber grip on the steering rake probably slipped, causing it to sink into the dash a bit. Just unlock it and pull it back out (if you haven't done that already) I saw oblark's wheel shoot into the dash while on a "test drive", under "enthusiastic" braking. Quit funny that.

The horn problem is likely to be the wiring or horn switch itself.

Dohh :troutslap i forgot these things have adjustable steering column (feeling silly lol) anyway horns seem to work of the car at least one of em does but bolt seized on the other soaking in plus gas right now. changed fuse but still no go so i guess it's the horn button/switch itself? this is somewhere in around the airbag? had the bag of nothing obvious so bunged it back on.

But on the upside battery no longer going flat after a few days yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa seems it's something to do with the profesionally fitted towbar Hmmmmm. Oh well for now have pulled fuse out of fuse box under bonnet and no more flat battery.

M-R-P
Sunday 19th October 2014, 12:01
:hilarious

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 19th October 2014, 12:30
:hilarious :haha: :haha: :haha:

Biff
Sunday 19th October 2014, 13:07
I'm pretty sure my wheel doesn't pull on or out??

M-R-P
Sunday 19th October 2014, 17:49
I'm pretty sure my wheel doesn't pull on or out??

If it doesn't, it's broken mate.

Ettienne
Sunday 19th October 2014, 17:53
What car is it? If it's a p1 then they collect crap on the spring loaded contact under steering wheel had it a few times.

Take wheel off and clean it job done.

Biff
Sunday 19th October 2014, 20:57
If it doesn't, it's broken mate.

Oh bugger. I know the bullion didn't do it either but saying that it doesn't suprise me.
I might have to have a fiddle when I'm not tucked up in bed nursing manflu.
That's depressed me now, I thought they were just height adjustable. :(

5seaterT5x2
Monday 20th October 2014, 02:09
What car is it? If it's a p1 then they collect crap on the spring loaded contact under steering wheel had it a few times.

Take wheel off and clean it job done. yea it's a 94 seems likely gotta get airbag of n such n sort it thanks

M-R-P
Monday 20th October 2014, 08:15
Oh bugger. I know the bullion didn't do it either but saying that it doesn't suprise me.
I might have to have a fiddle when I'm not tucked up in bed nursing manflu.
That's depressed me now, I thought they were just height adjustable. :(

Nope - I don't know of any P1/850 that didn't have adjustable rake (I could be wrong but I doubt it). Unlock it and give it a good push-pull. If it's not been moved for a while, it may be a little stiff... :P

oblark
Monday 20th October 2014, 08:37
Nope - I don't know of any P1/850 that didn't have adjustable rake (I could be wrong but I doubt it). Unlock it and give it a good push-pull. If it's not been moved for a while, it may be a little stiff... :P

The 850 only as adjustment in and out (as you know :))

5seaterT5x2
Monday 27th October 2014, 10:52

Take wheel off and clean it job done.

Many thanks spot on and job done......................