PDA

View Full Version : hanging revs

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 19:47
Hi all thought id post my strange findings on here since i converted from auto to manual ive always had the normal revs hanging a little between changes which seems common on conversions. Yesterday i removed my abs module for repair drove home from work with it missing and i had no more hanging revs and proper engine brakeing ie.its behaving like a proper manual. Can anyone shine anylight on this or am i going mad lol asked a mate of mine who knows these cars inside and out and its stumped him lol

JamesT5
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 19:48
To me, it sounds clutch related, like the clutch isn't disengaging.

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 19:54
Clutch is fine mate its the revs hanging not clutch disengaging lol

T5frankie
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 20:02
its the ecu try another one

Nealevo
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 20:11
Ecu map?? that's what mine is.

Saaamon
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 20:17
I had the same thing on my 850R man, took the abs ecu out and the revs dropped quickly. Like frankie said try a different ecu, they are ment to hang a bit because if they dont it makes for a comfortable drive and i know this through experience. Ive had two auto ecu's in my 94 t5 and one the revs dropped very quickly and the other was normal and with my current more and after the chip it holds the rev's like it should.

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 15th October 2014, 20:25
Cheers lads thought it was the ecu just thought it was a bit strange its perfect without the abs connected lol