PDA

View Full Version : A brand new mod! Would you like a..........

Bison
Thursday 17th November 2005, 11:52
Imagine a new kind of dump valve for the T5! No hassle of a dump Valve Kit. What I am suggesting is a direct bolt on dump valve, yep a direct replcement for your recirc valve. All you would have to do is take off your recirc valve and bolt on a new style atmospheric dump valve straight on to your turbo, a lot more efficient and obviously a lot louder than the standard recirc giving you that desired "wooooosh".

If there is enough interest there is a possibility that I could get some engineered by a very reputable motorsport engineering firm.

So who would be interested? Let me know!

Bison

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 17th November 2005, 12:41
I think your best off asking them how much it would be say if you got 10, 20 people interested, asking people without an indicater of price is a bit daft.

Assasin
Thursday 17th November 2005, 12:57
Mine does woosh.. well in a quiet way.

And its only a recirc valve for sure as on the RICA info sheet it states removal of a baily dump valve..

Im diegressing again.. yeah i might be interested in a louder woosh..

jp850R
Thursday 17th November 2005, 13:00
Price dependant i could be interested

BlackBeast
Thursday 17th November 2005, 13:05
engineered by a very reputable motorsport engineering firm.

Hmmmm, you live in Gloucester, engineered by a motorsport company, it isnt Forge by any chance :)

MattB
Thursday 17th November 2005, 13:59
Price dependant i could be interested

Me too....

rs_andy
Thursday 17th November 2005, 14:08
if the price is right then yes, shouldn't expect it to be much more than a standard valve since there's no fitting kit to speak of... could work out a good alternative.

volvotuning
Thursday 17th November 2005, 14:15
Don't wish to be a party pooper and all that...

For those with ME7 equipped cars, you will struggle to get an atmospheric dump valve to work ok without eventually getting the MIL light on.

Adam.

SaffronC70
Thursday 17th November 2005, 15:57
I'd possibly be interested - saves cutting up hoses at least !

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVFSiT

If they can develop one to work with ME9, they can possibly work their skills to make an ME7 compatible one !

Chris

gdogg16
Thursday 17th November 2005, 20:30
your biggest issue is going to be clearance, the size of the unit will have to be larger than the stock unit im guessing. Is it going to be a diaphram type valve? If so, no thanks.. The dodge SRT4 uses the same CBV, forge has a unit for the dodge that bolts right up to turbo and vents atmospherically, also dodge sells a mopar performance BOV plate for the CBV on the SRT4. Both of these units are too large to fit on the white blocks because they hit the exhaust manifold.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/images/products/FMDVNEON01.jpg

John Ret.
Thursday 17th November 2005, 21:56
depending on price. yes.

John Ret.
Thursday 17th November 2005, 21:57
i'm not on here often, so a pm would be cool.

cheers.

Bison
Friday 18th November 2005, 15:01
Does anybody know how much clearance we have to play with? I'm told we will need nearly 3 inches of space for it to bolt on to the turbo. Will we have enough room? If so then we can get a prototype made. I have spoke to the firm and they will be using my car as a test model. We will then see if VT are right and that little £££££££ MIL light comes on, If it doesn't then we can get production going! In answer to some of your questions......

It is not diaphram valve it will be a twin piston atmospheric blow off valve. There was talk of using a Valve made for a Chrysler Neon, but one of the engineers pointed out that even though dimensions were the same, the turbo works in a different way and by putting it on would be in effect like blanking it off completely thus stalling the turbo.
They finally concluded that modifying an existing BOV made for the impreza could work. This will prob be the valve in question!
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/images/products/FMDVSUB01.jpg
I have spoken about cost to you guys. The valve will be (This is a very rough idea) anything between £110 and £130 + VAT. Though forum members would be entitled to some discount (how much is still to be confirmed) But I will do my best for you lot!

First things first will there be enough clearance????

Bison

SaffronC70
Friday 18th November 2005, 15:19
there isn't 3" of good clearance unfortunetly.

Chris

Bison
Friday 18th November 2005, 17:38
there isn't 3" of good clearance unfortunetly.

hmmmm

Is there anything we could move? how much clearance would you say there is, can anyone measure it? If not i'll try get mine up on my mates ramps to have a better look.

Bison

SaffronC70
Friday 18th November 2005, 18:13
Bison, just look from the top, lol !

There's about 2" (at a push) clearance.

There's metal coolant hose (I think) that's in the way.

Chris

gdogg16
Friday 18th November 2005, 21:44
Sorry, but there is NO WAY it will fit. :(