PDA

View Full Version : Project 854 Gul Manual

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:10
Ok this is the last of my Guls (although i'm looking into a third and possibly a forth) its a manual 854 ive owned for the last 2 years, its been messed about with "chaved" a bit, but I've put most of that back to standard now and its mainly just tidying the bodywork and engine bay and thank god this one doesn't need the engine pulling out.

Its currently with t5steve who was told just to correct the paint issues, but steve is steve and has totally gone mad and near enough done a full respray!! The pics show, any rust has been cut back, treated, red oxide primed, undercoated and painted, good stirling work, he is also making a flip up rear spoiler and undersealing the floor and wheel arches.

The wheels have been refurbed already, with new centre and bolt in valves.

Mileage is 140k and its been through its owners, it was on a private plate and owned by enthusiasts before (might do an appeal on voc).

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:12
pic from for sale ad

merc85
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:14
looks great buddy ;)

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:16
A few pics of the painting

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:19
Some more pics

Biff
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:22
Your just greedy having a matching pair & the sonic...
I'm just jealous!! Lol
Be good to see them both together showing off they're custardness. ;)

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:24
Thanks biff, I will have a flock of guls if I buy one of the others.

The sonic I love driving. I don't go for the keys to the gul in the mornings lol

merc85
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:28
Awesome job to steve

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 18:38
He's been un well just recently, he's feeling better now just. Yes he is doing excellent work.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th October 2014, 20:14
Had to force myself to look at this thread, as it really makes me think that I was an idiot to sell mine. Oh well, it wasn't being used and got a great Home.

Your car looks great.

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 20:57
Cheers mark, should do once finished

Hybusamini
Saturday 11th October 2014, 21:19
Looking good m8 ��

merc85
Saturday 11th October 2014, 21:21
Had to force myself to look at this thread, as it really makes me think that I was an idiot to sell mine. Oh well, it wasn't being used and got a great Home.

Your car looks great.

i know the feeling lol

foammanmark
Saturday 11th October 2014, 21:21
Looking good m8 ��

And's that from a man with a very sorted Gul 854..............

foammanmark
Saturday 11th October 2014, 21:22
i know the feeling lol

Lol, yeah I bet you do.......

martybelfastt5
Saturday 11th October 2014, 21:55
very nice your you getting better with the pics lol

Ettienne
Saturday 11th October 2014, 22:02
very nice your you getting better with the pics lol

I am eternally lazy with threads and pics, but trying

Ettienne
Sunday 19th October 2014, 17:32
A bit more of an update from steve, he has even gone to the trouble of welding in new door check straps, where the door was damaged, sterling work.

Ettienne
Sunday 19th October 2014, 17:44
I got steve to tetrosyl the backs of the wings and the inner wings whilst it was all apart, real attention to detail. He's gonna end up with the other gul (minor touch up by window) and the olive 850r.

But looks like the buggers been eating salt and vinegar Pringles in my car! Lol

polak t5r
Sunday 19th October 2014, 17:55
strange how even half a car can still make me go weak at the knees lol very nice

Ettienne
Sunday 19th October 2014, 18:02
Yes I will be driving my gul estate more soon

t5 pete
Sunday 19th October 2014, 21:20
I got steve to tetrosyl the banks of the wings and the inner wings whilst it was all apart, real attention to detail. He's gonna end up with the other gul (minor touch up by window) and the olive 850r.

But looks like the buggers been eating salt and vinegar Pringles in my car! Lol

Awesome work that looks one very shiny gul

AshDVS
Wednesday 22nd October 2014, 11:17
Looks brilliant!
Great work.

Saaamon
Wednesday 22nd October 2014, 11:23
Do like a bit of paint, good work.

Ettienne
Wednesday 22nd October 2014, 19:35
Thanks guys and that's where your brackets will end up ash, with the 320mm fronts

AshDVS
Thursday 23rd October 2014, 03:07
Awesome.
Just remember to be mindful where your wheel weights are. :)

It's really hard to find a good yellow one here.
I've had the opportunity to buy a black T5R and an olive T5R (as well as an olive R), but I just want a yellow one!

Ettienne
Thursday 23rd October 2014, 06:42
Have one shipped out?

Ettienne
Friday 31st October 2014, 22:51
A few more pics from steve and it's approaching completion, actually he is (should be taking the olive 855r to do similar with once gul is back) month or so, again very nice work, can't wait to get it back. Removing the wings is a much better way to underseal.

Ettienne
Friday 31st October 2014, 22:54
I'll be fitting new aluminium poly bushed wishbones, with meyle ball joints, new eibachs, koni shocks, spring mounts, calipers, discs, and meyle drop links, oh and subframe inserts.

Same on the rear.

t5 pete
Friday 31st October 2014, 23:02
Awesome work ide never thought about spraying the black trim on the rear doors ive just fitted new ones today on mine but managed to get a air bubble in one so will see if I can get it out if not it looks like another one on order

Ettienne
Friday 31st October 2014, 23:07
I just leave steve alone to get on with it, he makes the decisions tbh and I trust him to make the right ones. But it's all the little accents that make the cars look good.

AshDVS
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 06:28
Have one shipped out?

I've thought about it but am always a little scared of bringing one in from the UK and particularly worried about rust.

A few more pics from steve and it's approaching completion, actually he is (should be taking the olive 855r to do similar with once gul is back) month or so, again very nice work, can't wait to get it back. Removing the wings is a much better way to underseal.

Looking great. Definitely all in the details!

Ettienne
Sunday 2nd November 2014, 13:33
I've thought about it but am always a little scared of bringing one in from the UK and particularly worried about rust.

Looking great. Definitely all in the details!

I'm sure one of us would look it over for you.

AshDVS
Monday 3rd November 2014, 14:39
I'm sure one of us would look it over for you.

I may very well take you up on that at some point!

Yours is looking fantastic though.

Jamest5r
Monday 3rd November 2014, 17:21
Have one shipped out?

[QUOTE=AshDVS;746029]I've thought about it but am always a little scared of bringing one in from the UK and particularly worried about rust.

Don't know what the rules are if your an oz resident but for us to ship a UK car there were only allowed to do one personal vehicle every 5 years or something like that and then it had to be owned/insured /taxed for more than the previous year in your own name, but if you do consider it RoRo shipping is a lot cheaper than a container, not that I've looked into this or anything lol :)

Ettienne
Wednesday 19th November 2014, 20:44
Bit of an update, steve has mopped the car, re texted all the trim and painted (didn't ask for that, just shows the mans commitment), finished the last bits of paint off.

So she'll be coming home soon.

Upon which he takes the olive 850r away for paint.

Ettienne
Wednesday 19th November 2014, 20:45
Bumper look awesome, really looking forward to seeing it

Ettienne
Saturday 29th November 2014, 18:42
A few more update pics from steve and bits are going back on, not much more and it will be home, can't wait.

Ettienne
Saturday 29th November 2014, 21:20
A very clean (well new) looking bumper.

AcidicDavey
Saturday 29th November 2014, 22:08
Looking great, that bumper is fiiiiine!

merc85
Saturday 29th November 2014, 22:10
looking awesome mate :)

t5 pete
Saturday 29th November 2014, 22:20
A very clean (well new) looking bumper.

Very nice is that a new bumper top

Ettienne
Saturday 29th November 2014, 22:33
No it's a repainted / textured bumper by steve.

He explained what was involved but I didn't realise how good the results would look.

It's darker than standard but so are the wheels, so all ties in.

Just another example of his skills

t5 pete
Saturday 29th November 2014, 22:44
Job well done then looks like new

t5steve
Saturday 29th November 2014, 23:58
its actually a 4 stage process, key/fill bumper, 2k primer (with plastisizer), satin black basecoat, texture paint, colour.
colour was colour matched to inside of bumper top as outside had been painted black.
a lengthy process but well worth the time and effort.

Ettienne
Sunday 30th November 2014, 14:34
its actually a 4 stage process, key/fill bumper, 2k primer (with plastisizer), satin black basecoat, texture paint, colour.
colour was colour matched to inside of bumper top as outside had been painted black.
a lengthy process but well worth the time and effort.

Exactly, what he said!

Ettienne
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 21:13
New updated pics, the car looks amazing!!

t5 pete
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 22:21
Wow very nice top work

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 22:26
ohhh that looks fresh!

Uzulins
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 22:43
I am in Love! :D
Fresh Gul, very nice! :)

AndysR
Tuesday 9th December 2014, 23:10
Great work, looks stunning. Time to get using it again I think :)

Ettienne
Thursday 11th December 2014, 14:25
Great work, looks stunning. Time to get using it again I think :)

Affraid not had the confirmation email from Volvo press manager, it's off to be displayed like the cars in Merc world.

I'm tweeking the suspension and fully major service so it can be used for track press days.

So quite literally I won't even drive it.

Once it's installed in its display I'll grab some pics, i think its being displayed next to a polestar.

kmb
Thursday 11th December 2014, 14:42
Beautiful but unused museum car :worried:

Ettienne
Thursday 11th December 2014, 15:40
I'm sure it will go on the odd outing, but once I've finished a couples of other I can swap and change.

I usually have 5 R's, but I may have more depending on how many they have.

t5 pete
Thursday 11th December 2014, 16:28
Has volvo bought the car then or is it on loan to them

Ettienne
Monday 15th December 2014, 16:58
Well it's finished! Looking like a new car, steve has excelled himself, I've had a lot of work carried out by steve and always very impressed by his ability and thoroughness just a few things to do in beginning if jan.

kmb
Monday 15th December 2014, 17:07
Looks fantastic!

mike 850
Monday 15th December 2014, 18:35
Wow, thats a beauty

t5steve
Monday 15th December 2014, 20:31
before anyone picks up on it, the tailpipe has already been replaced.

Ettienne
Monday 15th December 2014, 20:51
Oh ok I'd noticed but was just going to paint it black.

WOODY T5
Monday 15th December 2014, 21:16
Why it looked good in yellow tho

AndysR
Monday 15th December 2014, 22:50
Looking very smart, which Volvo site is the car going to be displayed at then? :)

Ettienne
Monday 15th December 2014, 23:50
Looking very smart, which Volvo site is the car going to be displayed at then? :)

I'll post up pics when it's in place and set up, got a few things to do to it first

Jim S70R
Wednesday 17th December 2014, 14:09
Great job, the car looks awesome!!

Ettienne
Saturday 10th January 2015, 21:13
Steve has sent across the final pics of the car and it's looks amazing!

t5 pete
Saturday 10th January 2015, 21:36
Very very nice

Ettienne
Saturday 10th January 2015, 23:44
Yes looking forward to getting it back, then bolting all the new stuff on.

WOODY T5
Saturday 10th January 2015, 23:57
She a looker mate nice

MoleT-5R
Sunday 11th January 2015, 22:45
very nice, you and pete are making me very jealous, will be at least another year before mine gets the full treatment

t5 pete
Sunday 11th January 2015, 22:53
very nice, you and pete are making me very jealous, will be at least another year before mine gets the full treatment
It's nothing that time won't sort out and I'm more than sure yours will be fantastic when done we all certainly need to have a meet up and get all the puke yellows together lol

Ettienne
Sunday 11th January 2015, 23:44
We should / will at some point, I've still got the mechanicals / servicing to do on mine.

t5 pete
Sunday 11th January 2015, 23:55
Are you going museum meet

MoleT-5R
Monday 12th January 2015, 06:59

Yep will be attending the Gaydon meet, not sure of which cars will be there though at this time and how many, as I may be able to get the V70R sorted so Jayne can bring that too.

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:06

I'll not be going, as I've been banned from volvotuning for criticing jays calendar.

Funny thing I'd not used volvotuning for a good month or so as I as more southerners / friends are on vpc, where as volvotuning is mostly northerners.

I spoke with nosh but heard nothing back, so I just left if there.

jamesy12345
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:27
I'll not be going, as I've been banned from volvotuning for criticing jays calendar.

Funny thing I'd not used volvotuning for a good month or so as I as more southerners / friends are on vpc, where as volvotuning is mostly northerners.

Love the idea that one can get banned for dissing someone's Photoshop skills

Yes VPC has a high percentage of southern lads but it's not their fault they were born into the gentry

MoleT-5R
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:29

would be funny if they where one car short of 200...... :)

jamesy12345
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:35
would be funny if they where one car short of 200...... :)

ah I was wondering what VT200 meant

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:37
In theory the gul will be on the road, 940 is mot'd and insured, so is the sonic.

When they do the world record, i could take 5.

But yes would be funny if they were 1 short although I think it may be many short

MoleT-5R
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:45
In theory the gul will be on the road, 940 is mot'd and insured, so is the sonic.

When they do the world record, i could take 5.

But yes would be funny if they were 1 short although I think it may be many short

49 on the vpc list,not looked on vt yet.

I wouldn't worry too much about Jay, not the first time he's chucked his dummy out, not sure he still has too much too do with VT's running these days, but what I heard could be wrong, it was second hand.

stephenevans99
Monday 12th January 2015, 08:53

Really ?????? I thought it was something far more sinister ;) lol

edit: Steve, didn't you upset VPC management for the same thing last September?

t5 pete
Monday 12th January 2015, 09:15
Love the idea that one can get banned for dissing someone's Photoshop skills

Yes VPC has a high percentage of southern lads but it's not their fault they were born into the gentry

pmsl

MoleT-5R
Monday 12th January 2015, 09:17

what we had a VPC Calender, how did I miss that......lol ;)

t5 pete
Monday 12th January 2015, 09:17

It was because all of us couldn't pronounce Dallihouse so he Came back with something more easier well easier for some I'm still working it out

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 10:30

I wasn't a member of vpc last year or the year before, (actually 3 year in 5months).

Also I hadn't posted anything on volvotuning for over a month.

I think jay banned over the calendar, after speaking with nosh.

nosh owns 2/3 of the forum and said he had had lots of complaints over the calendar and it was not affiliated with the forum.

I thought it was and asked if the funds went to the forum and he explained it didn't and went to jay.

jamesy12345
Monday 12th January 2015, 10:34
I wasn't a member of vpc last year or the year before.

Also I hadn't posted anything on volvotuning for over a month.

I think jay banned over the calendar, after speaking with nosh.

nosh owns 2/3 of the forum and said he had had lots of complaints over the calendar and it was not affiliated with the forum. I thought it was and asked if the funds went to the forum and he explained it didn't and went to jay.

It was me with the VPC calendar last year (or maybe year before). Management were worried about copyright of the photos I used and the VPC logo, so had a polite word in my ear about it. I didn't get as far as funds but was planning to spend them on cars and women, & waste the rest

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 10:38
It was me with the VPC calendar last year (or maybe year before). Management were worried about copyright of the photos I used and the VPC logo, so had a polite word in my ear about it. I didn't get as far as funds but was planning to spend them on cars and women, & waste the rest

That's that cleared up lol

stephenevans99
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:19
That's that cleared up lol

Apologies BUT I don't think this had anything to do with calendars tbh. More towards yourself attempting to get someone banned from the forum.

As I understand it & correct me if I'm wrong, you sent Nosh some texts about Jamest5 & Nosh rang you to speak about it. I believe you said it would be best if he was banned from VT & Nosh told you that there would be no way that he would be banning anybody for no reason just on your say so.....no-one including yourself was banned from VT.

nosh
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:29
your analysis is 100% correct mr evans

thankyou for clearing that up :)

stribo
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:31
This is better than Eastenders. :D

jamesy12345
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:33
this is better than eastenders. :d

get out of my pab!!

Hound
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:34
Yeah Steve, but let's face it, Ebola is better than EastEnders.

Doingitsideways
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:38
get out of my pab!!

You're not my mavver.
Yes I aam!! ;)

nosh
Monday 12th January 2015, 13:39

Mr Dalhousie you are not banned & never have been banned from VT, you were marked as a spammer by someone which i sorted out for you..

Mr Evans has already stated the reason that you choose not to come on VT anymore

i do not have a problem with you or anyone else coming on VT or to any of our meets but obviously after our telephone conversation it was your choice not to do so

may i also say that Jay has never had anything to do with the running of the VT forum, he WAS our previous events organiser.

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 14:26
Mr Dalhousie you are not banned & never have been banned from VT, you were marked as a spammer by someone which i sorted out for you..

Mr Evans has already stated the reason that you choose not to come on VT anymore

i do not have a problem with you or anyone else coming on VT or to any of our meets but obviously after our telephone conversation it was your choice not to do so

may i also say that Jay has never had anything to do with the running of the VT forum, he WAS our previous events organiser.

Glad that's cleared up, how was I marked as a spammer not being on the forum?

Must have just coincided with the calendar thread.

Just logged in and all is working, thanks nosh

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 14:30
Apologies BUT I don't think this had anything to do with calendars tbh. More towards yourself attempting to get someone banned from the forum.

As I understand it & correct me if I'm wrong, you sent Nosh some texts about Jamest5 & Nosh rang you to speak about it. I believe you said it would be best if he was banned from VT & Nosh told you that there would be no way that he would be banning anybody for no reason just on your say so.....no-one including yourself was banned from VT.

All i did was give him the heads up regards Jamest5 on here and I wasn't alone.

stribo
Monday 12th January 2015, 14:38
You're not my mavver.
Yes I aam!! ;)

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

jamesy12345
Monday 12th January 2015, 15:15
Keep on topic lads FFS

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Frank_bowtie.jpg

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 15:17
I'll pop some more thread related stuff on when I do the mechanicals.

Santa
Monday 12th January 2015, 17:40
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K, everyone got it out there systems now?

Feel like I've said this before but anyway:

Politics relating to another forum, keep it on the other forum, this saves the management of that forum breaking the rules here regarding promotion without trade status when they post replies.
Private correspondence should be kept private unless both parties pre-agree...............nothing like showing a level of trust by posting personal correspondence without agreement.

Ettienne
Monday 12th January 2015, 17:58
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K, everyone got it out there systems now?

Feel like I've said this before but anyway:

Politics relating to another forum, keep it on the other forum, this saves the management of that forum breaking the rules here regarding promotion without trade status when they post replies.
Private correspondence should be kept private unless both parties pre-agree...............nothing like showing a level of trust by posting personal correspondence without agreement.

Feel free to tidy thread.

Ettienne
Friday 16th January 2015, 21:49
Looking awesome, one more sleep!!

M-R-P
Friday 16th January 2015, 22:00
Very nice :)

Ettienne
Friday 16th January 2015, 22:02
Just to complete my smugness, it passed mot with 1 advisory (slight oil leak)

Just taxed it, may have a small drive over the weekend.

Hybusamini
Saturday 17th January 2015, 09:17
:B_thumb:Looking good

kmb
Saturday 17th January 2015, 10:39
Very nice indeed :B_steerin

MoleT-5R
Saturday 17th January 2015, 11:04
very nice Steve, enjoy

Ettienne
Saturday 17th January 2015, 12:28
Steve is bringing the car to the southern meet tomorrow

moosepowerlee
Saturday 17th January 2015, 18:07
love gul 850s really wish I hadn't sold mine now :(

Ettienne
Saturday 17th January 2015, 18:36
love gul 850s really wish I hadn't sold mine now :(

What was the reg number maybe it's still about

moosepowerlee
Sunday 18th January 2015, 09:21
owned 2003 till end 2004 gul 854 auto if remember rightly was m172voo may have been 157 been looking through albums trying to find pics of her but think they are in loft so going to have to go have a rummage I think

MoleT-5R
Sunday 18th January 2015, 09:30
Steve is bringing the car to the southern meet tomorrow

Sorry I won't be able to come and have a look, much as I like a run down there, but I won't make it back in time for work tonight.

Ettienne
Monday 19th January 2015, 19:09
Cleaned the gul today and looks excellent, steve drove through a rain storm with it on the way down to the meet.

Looks much better now and I've been sorting the flaky roof trims today.

Will post a pic when I get them back on after paint.

Ettienne
Sunday 8th February 2015, 16:57
Did a bit more over last week or so and a few jobs to do as well, basically mechanical stuff:

Meyle drop links
Meyle ball joints (detachable type ally)
Polybushing wishbones
Front engine mount poly
Upper engine mount poly
Subframe inserts
Meyle fuel filter
Oil, oil filter change.
New Cambelt (gen volvo)
New water lines, heater matrix and turbo water return
New vac lines
New lesjford springs
Bilstein b6 struts
New spring mounts
Bolts in valves.
New number plates
New wiper blades

Realigning some panels

So it's been serviced well.

Next job is a bloody good clean, then it's off my hands.

Still need to decide what's I'm doing about brakes.

Ettienne
Wednesday 18th February 2015, 20:05
Still working through the list of bits to do, around half way now.

I decided to remove the annoying alarm today, cobra / spy ball, managed to get if sorted and just need to clean up the wiring.

Ettienne
Wednesday 11th March 2015, 20:36
So I actually managed today to fit the:

bilstein b6s
Lesjford springsalong
new spring mounts
Aluminium wishbones
Polybushes
Meyle ball joints
Strutbrace
Meyle drop links
Polybushed top mount
Polybushed gearbox mount
Rear exhaust mount refurbed
Poly subframe inserts

Had a quick look under the rear and anything that needed it (not much at all) got krusted and under sealed, steve did all the wheel arches and inner wings (outside) already.

I krusted the inner wings (engine bay side) where needed (not a lot at all).

The car now drives 100% better now :)

The car now sits level as the front spring mounts had collapsed on standard springs, so much so that it now sits higher on lowering springs lol.

Just very minor things now and it's finally finished!!

Ettienne
Saturday 14th March 2015, 16:25
It's getting there and sitting much better now, stribo was the knackered spring mounts this morning, it's not been cleaned in the pic yet, which is about all that's left to do thank god.

Nealevo
Saturday 14th March 2015, 16:35
Are you bringing it to the VT gaydon meet next month?

Ettienne
Thursday 19th March 2015, 18:12
Are you bringing it to the VT gaydon meet next month?

No I'll just be finishing silly bits off and drive it on school run for 2 weeks then retire it.

Ettienne
Thursday 19th March 2015, 18:13
Blacked the bumper trims up and washed her but not waxed yet.

Ettienne
Thursday 19th March 2015, 18:38
I changed all the suspension just in time before mot, good to know I drove 300 miles with it like this.

bunka T5
Friday 1st May 2015, 12:11
I fear my drivers side top mount looks like this, sounds like a rubber ducky as I drive down country lanes :X

MoleT-5R
Friday 1st May 2015, 15:40
I changed all the suspension just in time before mot, good to know I drove 300 miles with it like this.

wow they look fubar'd, thought you mot'd this in January ? Steve

Ettienne
Friday 1st May 2015, 20:13
I think they were holding on by a thread quite literally when mot'd, just show mot covers the bear minimum.

Should have read after mot, senior moment.

May have been as sat for a while and just destroyed themselves on the short trips before being replaced or bumping up and down the kerb before the drop kerb.

But the car drives aces now thank god.

Ettienne
Wednesday 3rd June 2015, 19:56
The car is now finished apart from odds and sods, took a couple of pics today, although I'm not the best at that sort of thing, but it's looking much better and drives pretty good now on the b6s, lesjford springs, poly everything, drives like a much more modern car.

AshDVS
Sunday 7th June 2015, 08:59

Wow!

The car is looking fantastic though! Great work!

sheree850r
Friday 12th June 2015, 22:53
Wow !! It's totally amazing �� I want it...

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:02
We'll it's done number plate to number plate, here's a couple more pics, I've probably doubled up but tough.

Comp insurance £110 2k miles, plenty as Shortly we will have 5 cars on the road (2 dailies and 3 classic, well until I buy another).

It quite litterally wouldn't have been possible without the help of Oblark on the spanners with me and t5steve on the paint, both have performed Stirling work and help save this bodged up gul, which was boarderline a scrap car, thanks very much indeed!!! Your both legends!!

Oh I suppose I should mention the wife who pays for literally everything, parts, vpower, maps, klracing intercoolers, suspension, big brakes, Gburg trips, tools, all the car insurances plus usual house stuff.

It's essentially standard but some brake and suspension upgrades, Poly'd everything and drives awesome, it gets lots of attention and positive comments even from people who have idea about cars.

Enjoy the pics.

kmb
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:04
Looks truly great, who is this classic car insurance policy with? I do less than 3k a year so should try them, do they let you retain NCB?

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:12
It's irrespective of ncb and was footman James

kmb
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:13
It's irrespective of ncb and was footman James

Thanks, does it allow you to retain NCB, I'm not sure how these classic policies work.

I'll definitely get a quote when the time comes.

Will take a read on here: http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/classic-car-insurance?gclid=COzb1JOWrsYCFe3HtAodjN0N7w

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:16
Yes only concern is your driving history

stribo
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:18
Looks truly great, who is this classic car insurance policy with? I do less than 3k a year so should try them, do they let you retain NCB?

I don't know if they let you retain your NCB, but with most classic policies you don't earn NCB.

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:25
I don't know if they let you retain your NCB, but with most classic policies you don't earn NCB.

Exactly, just interested in your driving history

AcidicDavey
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:27
Excellent mate, truly gorgeous :)

It's not finished though, you need some of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-HINGED-PLASTIC-FOLD-OVER-SCREW-COVER-CAPS-TO-FIT-SIZE-6-8-GAUGE-SCREWS-/121294814474?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=420248325619&hash=item1c3dbbfd0a) ;)

kmb
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:30
It wouldn't quote me as my T5 is 19 years old and needs to be 20 :(

Just been on the website for Footman James, saw the below statement:

What is protected no claims bonus?

This benefit applies to modern car policies only and allows you to make one claim in an insurance year without losing your no claims bonus.

It can be included for an additional premium and is only availalbe if you have already earned maximum no claims bonus.

It is not available for:

Certain types of business use; or
Policies in the name of a company.

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 21:31
I always wondered if they did blue

MIKESC70T5
Friday 26th June 2015, 22:20
Looks lovely, but please get rid of those crap tyres asap.

Ettienne
Friday 26th June 2015, 23:06
There not too bad and it never goes fast, not even a map.

I may change for something better later on as I have 2 spare sets of Titans I may refurb, just I've cleaned and tyre slik'd them for now.

Plus I've got the 940 and 855r to finish off currently.

martin_r_smith
Friday 26th June 2015, 23:20
There not too bad and it never goes fast, not even a map.

I may change for something better later on as I have 2 spare sets of Titans I may refurb, just I've cleaned and tyre slik'd them for now.

Plus I've got the 940 and 855r to finish off currently.

Your not wrong, although cheap the nankang is a decent tyre. I have struggled to put down 370+ ft/lb of torque with most 'top' brand tyres, but these did remarkably well.