PDA

View Full Version : 855r misfire/misinjection?..

mick850R
Wednesday 8th October 2014, 23:19
Evening guys having an issue with the old girl, started a while ago as went for the go go pedal hard it seems to misfire as it gets into boost, looked into it changed plugs and rotor cap as well, resealed front pipe as it had a slight blow. Well still does it as boost comes in but will drive lovely with no boost, but as I came home tonight it misses on tickover every two seconds or so not like all the time! Anyone else had summat similar? ?.. was thinking ebc till I found it doing it on tickover, so am now thinking an injector. Any help or experience would help, cheers mick.

M-R-P
Wednesday 8th October 2014, 23:30
When was the last time the coil was changed? it's just as important as the plugs and leads.

dant5r
Thursday 9th October 2014, 07:42
The 850 coil are not known to break down or fail.

stribo
Thursday 9th October 2014, 08:04

No, but everything has a finite life. You say you changed the plugs and dizzy cap, did you change the rotor arm and leads as well?

dant5r
Thursday 9th October 2014, 08:42

M-R-P
Thursday 9th October 2014, 08:52

Sounds like an automated response :D

Everything fails. It's an old car - who knows how old the coil is?
Shrek's old R used to cough as it came on boost and we pinned it down to the coil breaking down. Ignition faults usually show themselves when the engine comes on load. It's well worth checking because it doesn't matter how new the plugs and leads are if you don't have the power to energise the things in the first place.

oblark
Thursday 9th October 2014, 09:14
The coil I had on mine was the original and I was working fine up until I removed for the COP conversion :)

M-R-P
Thursday 9th October 2014, 09:21
The coil I had on mine was the original and I was working fine up until I removed for the COP conversion :)

But your car is weird :haha:

oblark
Thursday 9th October 2014, 09:27
But your car is weird :haha:

Likes it owner :insane::cuckoo::insane:

stribo
Thursday 9th October 2014, 09:32

I thought you had a MSD blaster coil on yours.

oblark
Thursday 9th October 2014, 10:14
I only ran the MSD coil briefly

nobananas
Thursday 9th October 2014, 22:15
I had a similar problem with my old T5. Changed all the ignition system but the problem remained. My fault was solved after I replaced the cheap pattern fuel pump that I found in the tank !