PDA

View Full Version : auto to manual map ME7 ecu help

Alturbo5
Monday 6th October 2014, 22:46
Hi all first post so here goes,

i need some help and advice on some software issues i have in my 2001 v70 t5,ive had it for around 5 years ive had no problems apart from the aisin/indian, gearbox failing as they seem they just cant handle 250 bhp for a long time, it used to be an auto, but after fitting a replacement autobox an that not working as it should i decided to go manual, and its all been done the only issues i have now is, the ecu cant detect the autobox ecu or tcu, ive jumpered the green n white network wires so it throws me a code relating to no comunication now, i have it running and have done around 10k miles up to now but the ecu thinks its in park or neutral so it has a rev limiter of 4000rpm to save the helpless auto gearbox from failing, so annoying when you give yourself whiplash at 4000rpm then again in 2nd 3rd n so on, it also means my t5 can punch above 100mph, so the question is what is the easiest way to get round this, i have already swapped key and ecu for a manual one with no luck, i need th cem from the same car but it has long gone as it was behind the dashboard i was thinking i could buy some hardware/software without it costing too much, or simply have an manual map loaded even a stock map would improve, both ecus have matching part numbers so im guessing it just the software i need to change. so i need the engine light off and rev limiter gone,

thanks Alan

Dream3r
Monday 6th October 2014, 23:04
It's possible for a full manual swap, but it's expensive and time intensive to-do it correctly.

Getting the light off requires you to edit the flash on the cem so it matches the right gearbox coding, this way the CEM never looks for the TCM and the light goes off, also the DIM changes to de-accommodate the gearbox.

Leaving the light out of it, you can either edit the ecu software to change it to manual or with luck find a manual stock file that matches your car.

You also need to remove the TCM and sort the manual<>auto wiring from the CEM, if it differs, check the wiring diagrams.

I wouldn't recommend jumpering CAN wires, they're carefully balanced and terminated with 120 ohm resistors, you'd be much better off removing the wiring right back to the source, if it causes problems try a 120r across the wires to terminate them.

HTH

Alturbo5
Monday 6th October 2014, 23:51
Thanks, i have all the manual labour work done, and have been driving it without so far without any problems apart from the anoying mil lamp and the rev limit, i was wondering if a mpps or galletto would do the job with the right software?? i have never used either, how would i find files for my car, ive been on the spanners for nearly 20 years but ECU, TCU, CEM'S are all new territory to me! im a quick learner so thats\a bonus,

Dream3r
Monday 6th October 2014, 23:56
There are quite a few maps different in auto to manual on the ecu, best bet is checkout nefmoto and prepare to spend a year of your life :)

Alturbo5
Tuesday 7th October 2014, 00:19
haha thanks for the info, that time seems about right to me too,:blowingup

Alturbo5
Thursday 9th October 2014, 23:30
Thanks Dream3r, I've been on nefmoto for days looking around, I'm hooked on the idea of bein able to mess about with the ecu,

seems a lot to begin with but gotta start somewhere, so got a steady laptop, and a few cables in the post, so I'll post up the results,
I also need to sort the high idle speed when hot, it's around 1100rpm and smells a bit rich sometimes, I've cleaned throttle body checked the all the pipes for splits,

runs perfect from startup idles around 750rpm an steady tickover then speeds up when hot. Backwards I know, car drives fine just a bit annoying at traffic lights and junctions, so I'm of to learn a new language see you soon I'll try n be back within a year though.......

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th October 2014, 11:49
I think if you want a manual - it would be much easier to sell/buy rather than swap. I know that manual swaps have been done on the older cars, but this seems like a lot of work - particularly when the price of the swap will be as expensive & more time consuming than selling and getting the MT version in the first place.

silverhorse
Friday 10th October 2014, 14:53
Can't help but agree with Dave............