PDA

View Full Version : Couple of random questions

S1mon
Sunday 28th September 2014, 17:11
I have my eye on a 1998 V70R. Firstly, is it possible to retro-fit ISOFIX for child seats? If so, how much and where from? Secondly, would it be possible to fit P2 V70/S60 front seats into it? Not a major deal, but I find the seats in my S60 supremely supportive and comfy!

Just a few quick thoughts before I go too far!

The Flying Moose
Sunday 28th September 2014, 17:49
Not sure on the isofix front. However I have seen the front seats fitted before and once a set of rear seats. The fronts are fairly straight forward I'd imagine with just changing the rails.

jdavis
Sunday 28th September 2014, 18:02
The P1 V70 seats and driving position is much better than the P2 and 850

jamesy12345
Sunday 28th September 2014, 18:08
you can't get much better than the early 70-series front seats...give them a try u might like them

jdavis
Sunday 28th September 2014, 19:30
they came top in a study by physiotherapists into supportvie seating etc

jdavis
Sunday 28th September 2014, 19:37
http://www.kinnarps.com/en/International/NewsPress/KinnarpsMagazine/Issue6/VolvoV70/

volvokid
Sunday 28th September 2014, 19:53
I think my P1 seats are better than my P2 . Volvo never made an isofix after market kit for the P1 they only sold the kit for P2s

stribo
Sunday 28th September 2014, 20:19
I find my C70 seats more supportive than the S60Rs, but they both equally as comfy.

Biff
Sunday 28th September 2014, 20:41
I looked into the isofix conversion kit for the v50 but the dimensions are different. I ended up buying a seat to fit a 3point belt in the end.
I think your mad swopping the p1 seats, they are awesomely comfy & this coming from someone who has broken his back twice & suffers sitting down for long periods.
I'd drive mine anywhere, right now.

S1mon
Sunday 28th September 2014, 23:31
Wow, hugely surprised by these responses!! I've had a 2001 C70 and a 1998 S70R. Both massively comfy cars. Like driving an armchair! But I think the S60 is a bit more supportive in the twisties. Wraps around my body more.

This isn't to say the P1 is bad in any way, shape or form. More if it wax a bolt-out - bolt-in mod, I'd consider it. Perhaps I'll just leave it!! Haha.

The ISOFIX is a slightly more important feature though, and this alone may put paid to my ideas of owning a P1 V70R.

My fiancé wants an E46 3 Series Tourer. ��

stribo
Sunday 28th September 2014, 23:55
Wow, hugely surprised by these responses!! I've had a 2001 C70 and a 1998 S70R. Both massively comfy cars. Like driving an armchair! But I think the S60 is a bit more supportive in the twisties.Wrap s around my body more.

This isn't to say the P1 is bad in any way, shape or form. More if it wax a bolt-out - bolt-in mod, I'd consider it. Perhaps I'll just leave it!! Haha.

The ISOFIX is a slightly more important feature though, and this alone may put paid to my ideas of owning a P1 V70R.

My fiancé wants an E46 3 Series Tourer. ��

I think because my C70 T5 GT has Alcantara seat bases and backs they grip better than our S60R which is all leather.

volvokid
Monday 29th September 2014, 07:25
It's the headrests I'm not a fan of in the P2, it is a sportier seat.
With the isofix, I havnt looked at the P1 set up but with the V40 and P2s that I have fitted it in you use the seat belt holes, you just replace with bigger bolts, I think there might be a spare hole for it too. I do think a machine shop could very easily make a bracket that will line up with existing holes. If you want I can take a photo of my brackets so you have dimensions of the isofix fitment itself?