PDA

View Full Version : Cheerio for now....

Jonny_rotten
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 21:39
Well after only 3 beautiful months of V70r ownership, I've just accepted a post in Canada with my company so regretfully I must sell her.

I've enjoyed reading this forum immensely and you've all been very helpful. I hope to find a manual V70R out in Canada so perhaps I'll be back on this forum soon enough.

I haven't posted enough to be allowed to advertise the vehicle here but if anyone is interested then it's the black manual one on ebay. Price is negotiable for forum members so pm me.

Thanks

Jonny

jamesy12345
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 21:59
Good luck, I really enjoyed Canada when I was there, great people. Cold!

Here is my rather crappy attempt at making a kinder egg penguin look huge, looking down from Calgary tower

ps I have heard of British people being chased for Canadian tax after working there, hope you have this covered with a good accountant/tax advisor!

Ettienne
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 22:06
Well after only 3 beautiful months of V70r ownership, I've just accepted a post in Canada with my company so regretfully I must sell her.

I've enjoyed reading this forum immensely and you've all been very helpful. I hope to find a manual V70R out in Canada so perhaps I'll be back on this forum soon enough.

I haven't posted enough to be allowed to advertise the vehicle here but if anyone is interested then it's the black manual one on ebay. Price is negotiable for forum members so pm me.

Thanks

Jonny

I saw that looks very nice indeed, maybe mention if it's higher or lower tax band, but glwts.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 22:06
Hopefully you'll find another V70 in Canada, if so see you back here soon.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 22:08
Have a friend living out there and loves it... One place I want to visit someday..

jamesy12345
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 22:24
I saw that looks very nice indeed, maybe mention if it's higher or lower tax band, but glwts.

if it's October 2006 it'll be in the higher band at 500 per year

Ettienne
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 22:34
if it's October 2006 it'll be in the higher band at 500 per year

That would irritate me lol, fortunately mine crept in 14 days before the change.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 25th September 2014, 00:52
As Graham said , hope you find one when your out there and are back soon, but you don't have to leave just because you have sold your car and moved abroad, you'll still be welcome here....hope your move and sale goes well

Jonny_rotten
Thursday 25th September 2014, 14:35
Thanks folks. I'll keep reading this forum even though I won't own a V70r anymore.

Jamesy12345 - Calgary is where I'm headed. I'll look at the tax thing - thanks for the heads up.

jamesy12345
Thursday 25th September 2014, 21:58
Thanks folks. I'll keep reading this forum even though I won't own a V70r anymore.

Jamesy12345 - Calgary is where I'm headed. I'll look at the tax thing - thanks for the heads up.

Nothing to worry about if you follows the regs....some people I know like to try and avoid them

just in time for the winter, mate. Check out the restaurant & viewing area at the top of Calgary Tower & the raised walkways between buildings so u don't need to go outside :) heated bus stops too!

October is coming up & that means Halloween - join this.....

http://besthalloweenparties.com/calgary-halloween-club-crawl/

Jonny_rotten
Sunday 28th September 2014, 12:13
Yeah that crawl looks ok. Not sure how the wife would feel about me going out with a load of students however.....I haven't been a student for 10years.....

Well the v70r did not take long to sell. There really was a lot of interest in it. Chap picking it up on Tuesday.