PDA

View Full Version : First volvo need help a few problems

Volvosean
Friday 19th September 2014, 21:59
Hello im new to the forum having braught my first volvo 2 weeks ago been after one for ages. I have got a v70 2.3 t5 1999.

When I braught the car the engine light was on and sounded like it was misfiring cleaned plugs and car ran fine engine light coming on and of. But 4 days ago the car started feeling dodgy which was because of the upper engine mount bush give way and since then then turbo has got loud hissing noise after 3000 and a ticking noise which sounds like its comming from the front of the engine bay I have also got a leak appeared which is dripping of the bottom left of the rad closest to engine. The last two days the engine light hasnt come on atal and the car is lacking power when turbo kicks in its nothing like when I got it two weeks ago and since the power loss the engine light hasnt come on. I also gave it a service today new plugs.oil.oil filter. Distriputer seal but no difference

Any help would be appreciated im not to clued up when it comes to newer cars turbos etc

Thanks sean

martin_r_smith
Saturday 20th September 2014, 06:37
Check all the turbo pipes and vacuum lines for cracks/ splits as it sounds like you have a leak somewhere.

Ettienne
Saturday 20th September 2014, 08:37
Rads are prone to leaking as you describe, ticking could be tapets.

polak t5r
Saturday 20th September 2014, 08:38
sounds like maybe intercooler trouble maybe a hose of but deffo a big leak somewhere as Martin said

stribo
Saturday 20th September 2014, 09:42
I agree, I think it's an intercooler problem, it may have split, which would also explain your leak.

Volvosean
Monday 22nd September 2014, 19:35
Thank you for the replys ive just ordered some samco hoses if that doesn't sort the problem I shall have a good look at the intercooler

Volvosean
Sunday 14th December 2014, 19:55
Samco hoses now on still have the hissing noise. I can't hear it with the windows shut but can with windows open mainly passenger side its louder. Also when I first got the car as you do having a bit of fun it would dump of in first gear but no longer does it. Any other possibilities before I check the intercooler? Thanks

kmb
Sunday 14th December 2014, 21:29
Could be a broken turbo, I had an MR2 Turbo few years back and one of the impeller vanes broke damaging some others (poss dodge spelling), strange whizzing noise and no power. Solution was a whole new turbo :(

AndysR
Sunday 14th December 2014, 21:54
Is the hose from the airbox to the turbo still fully attached? Also maybe the recirc valve is leaking or had a vac hose adrift?