PDA

View Full Version : Few Q's

john656
Friday 19th September 2014, 21:48
Evening all,
I'm back in an earlier t5 v70 and an auto. Right first of all, is it worth the hassle of converting it to a manual? anything needed besides the obvious, which box? Any manual from a v70 (or 850) or are the t5's and R's "hardened up." Or isn't it worth the hassle, only reason I'm asking is it cost me 600 notes and doesn't owe me a grand yet and I'm getting the itch to have a re-map induction and exhaust, just think it will sound pants with the auto box changing when it wants, plus having an auto box in something like that seems bloody pointless to me sucking all the power.
If I don't swap the box will the standard t5 autotraffic box and converter take the extra ommphh. It wouldn't be a psychotic tune anyway just something to give you a grin. I'd love a facelift ph2 like the ex plod one I had but after that one it's put me off plods unless I can get one for sub 1k that's local, and the later ph2 in a manual and t5 that's not ex plod seem to be like rocking horse leavings.

Any way I hope that this makes sense as I'm tired and it's late.

John

merc85
Friday 19th September 2014, 21:55
Ive only killed one auto box, done 2 manuals lol. Ive heard that the oil ways/channels in the R auto boxs are wider to help keep the transmission oil cooler for longer

no1tosh
Friday 19th September 2014, 22:04
i cant comment on the v70's but ive just got an 855r auto a week or so ago and im already sorting a manual conversion.

i cant describe how much it anoyes me with a stainless exhaust on. i like to drive my cars and for me to choose the gear not the car. I dont even like power steering lol.
i find the box is up and down like a brides nighty!

but its each to there own, loads of people love the auto box, as far as mine goes it works perfectly but just not for me:)

john656
Friday 19th September 2014, 22:09
i cant comment on the v70's but ive just got an 855r auto a week or so ago and im already sorting a manual conversion.

i cant describe how much it anoyes me with a stainless exhaust on. i like to drive my cars and for me to choose the gear not the car. I dont even like power steering lol.
i find the box is up and down like a brides nighty!

but its each to there own, loads of people love the auto box, as far as mine goes it works perfectly but just not for me:)

I know exactly how you feel, I'm not an auto man by any means...but...it does what it does and it does it well, as all I do at the mo is waft to work and back and lug stuff to the tip.