PDA

View Full Version : Rica

MRT5c
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 09:09
Hi all.
just moted, serviced, and taxed for another year, going to try to get up to V-tuning to get this Rica, and dump the super slowchip, i have in there at present! has anyone been to V-tuning recently how long does the ecu fitting take on average? have a bmc filter is the itg pro better? will i see any difference ont the filter.

thanks Richard

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 09:16
It normally takes a couple of hours to remap (if its straightforward) including the full diagnostic check

x

Crazy Eddie
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 09:56
Hiya,
Went there the other Friday for mine great bunch of lads there (oh and the lovely lady who made our teas) I reccommend booking it in early as the job only takes 1.5 - 2 hours but I caught them while busy and so was there for about 4 hours.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 13:32
I would agree with eddie. VT tend to be busy all the time. Allow 1/2 a day ~ 4hrs.

Aiken
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 15:30
Definately cater for half a day at VT (just ask Aeroresh :haha: ), and get ready to drink lots of tea. It's entertaining and friendly the time will fly by.

Crazy Eddie, I just checked out your website and the bike, wowsa, your one lucky / crazy guy!!! Keep to the safe Volvo and forget about bikes!

volvotuning
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 20:25
General rule of thumb -

The older the car, the longer it takes! More things to check and adjust, all of which takes time.

A 2005 D5 can take 60-90 minutes including all the diagnostics and testing, but an 850 is likely to need anything from 2-4 hours.

Adam.

Crazy Eddie
Thursday 17th November 2005, 11:12
Definately cater for half a day at VT (just ask Aeroresh :haha: ), and get ready to drink lots of tea. It's entertaining and friendly the time will fly by.

Crazy Eddie, I just checked out your website and the bike, wowsa, your one lucky / crazy guy!!! Keep to the safe Volvo and forget about bikes!

Yeah bit of a dodgy crash!!! Wish I had been in the volvo would probably written off his 206 and only scratched the volvo!
Good job I had my built in airbags ( Fat Bikers Bounce Better!!!!)
Catch you again soon.

aeroresh
Thursday 17th November 2005, 15:56

Word on the street is its ready and its coming home this evening :rainfro:

Yey!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 17th November 2005, 16:03
Coool!

siamblue
Thursday 17th November 2005, 16:46
Hi Aero bet you are well excited take it easy coming home mate, great temps for power runs lol.

Gary

aeroresh
Thursday 17th November 2005, 17:11
Ive somehow managed to persuade Adam to drive it home to me and pick The Fiesta up...A round trip of about 200 miles for him!

I will however be going for a spin this evening...not literally I hope! :B_steerin

Crazy Eddie
Thursday 17th November 2005, 21:22
Great Stuff aero have a good one!!
Let us know about overall difference everything has made.
Hope to see u again.

aeroresh
Thursday 17th November 2005, 22:36
Its back! :banana: :funkybana :banana:

This thing goes like stink!...will post something a bit more subjective tomorrow but for now Im going out for another little drive :B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Friday 18th November 2005, 01:16
Ive somehow managed to persuade Adam to drive it home to me and pick The Fiesta up...A round trip of about 200 miles for him!

I will however be going for a spin this evening...not literally I hope! :B_steerin
That's gotta be a first - Well Done Adam (obviously likes the fiesta) - erm or possibly the excuse to drive your motor for 100 miles or so. Maybe he does miss the T5 after all?? LOL