PDA

View Full Version : C70 injectors - sizes etc

sumdarkplace
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 07:57
Are the 2.4T and the T5 injectors the same size? I want to take mine out and clean them, but I need to keep the car on the road for work. I have access to a 2.4T and a 2.0T that I can borrow parts from. Will either one have similar sized injectors to my T5 that I can use as a temporary measure?

M-R-P
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 08:02
If the 2.4T has a bosch MAF then the injectors should be orange and will physically fit (if it's a Denso MAF it'll have Denso injectors and you don't wanna mess with those) but you'll find yourself running lean when the revs pick up.

It's about 4 hours to pull the injectors, clean them, rebuild them and put them back in. Why not do it one evening?

sumdarkplace
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 08:24
That quick? Maybe that's a plan. Any suggestions on where I can find the seals/filters etc? In the past I've sent them away for cleaning, so a few pointers would be greatly appreciated!

M-R-P
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 08:29
You'll need a half decent ultrasonic bath (not one you clean your wife's jewelery in), some mineral thinners and the appropriate rebuild kit.

If you're serious about DIY-ing it, I can fill you in on the ins and outs of doing it properly.

Or, if you can wait a couple of weeks, I could lend you a set while you have yours cleaned.

sumdarkplace
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 13:47
I suspect I'm going to send them away now. As much as I'd love to do them myself I can't justify the cost of the bath etc for a job I'm not likely to do again in years.

Current plan is to swap to 2.4T injectors for a week and run it under 4000rpm, and low load. I'll only be commuting anyway.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th September 2014, 14:23
My 2000 C70 T5 had the light blue bosch ones to start with. I upgraded to greens and then after the GTX went in fitted ASNU 630CC