PDA

View Full Version : Drilled discs and front roll bar.

Quicksilver
Sunday 7th September 2014, 21:43
I know I'm liable to get flamed for this but here goes, got an advisory for slightly worped front discs on the mot so I need to replace them. I've always liked the "look" of drilled discs and I know the Mtec ones from EBay have had mixed reviews on here, they now do a drilled and grooved version that looks cool. My concern is that they may be noisy, has anybody had these discs that can give some feedback?

My other question is the bushes on my front anti roll bar look passed their best and I know there bonded to the bar, if I get a second hand bar with good bushes and the right diameter are they all the same shape? I've seen one on EBay 21mm from a 2.0 V70 will this fit?

Thanks in advance

craigoodwood
Sunday 7th September 2014, 22:21
i dunno about the discs but if you can get another rollbar i'd change the rubber mounts while you've got access to them as they are pain, you should be able to reach and read with a tape measure to find the thickness of yours, partsforvolvo list mine as 21mm and a pair of poly bushes that will fit for £10 ;)

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th September 2014, 22:40
I currently run MTec grooved'n'dimpled disc's on the olive T-5R and there is noticeable noise increase but you need to drive like an idiot to pronounce it, ran them in on the silverstone international circuit(trax2012) 2 years ago and a re-visit a year later, fantastic both times and I've also had them glowing bright red on local charges with no issues, great value for the money, but do get noisier with useage, if money is tight then these are a great stop gap/ budget disc, but if money is no object standard parts or better would be preferable, just my thoughts, as in my view braking is the last thought required whilst driving, as a good driver should rarely need to touch their brakes

t5 pete
Sunday 7th September 2014, 23:24
Ive also had mtech which have been fine the last ones I had were drilled and grooved and were all fine this time ive just gone for grooved

Darkvader666
Monday 8th September 2014, 08:55
Hello Quick, just had drilled and grooved fitted to the front of my C70 and so far they are a touch noiser but not anything that is noticeable unless you are really trying to hear it.
I have always added grooved or drilled in various combos and as a rule I do find they make noise but at the end of the day I don't mind the noise as long as they work effectively !!