PDA

View Full Version : Injection

WOODY T5
Friday 5th September 2014, 20:46
Water/methanol injection kits anyone running them on here is it good for engines or bad would u get more torque/bhp figures wot kits are good etc etc

t5 pete
Friday 5th September 2014, 20:48
There a fair few on t5d5 running it with really good results it will help stop knock and able you to run better boost I will be fitting it to the gul

Nealevo
Friday 5th September 2014, 20:49
Stewart, (external error) is running one, we had a good chat about it at Retro Rides.

Biff
Friday 5th September 2014, 20:52
Woody ups his gain for 2015. Lol
Anything that brings down the temperature & increases the density of the bang is good in my book.

Jamest5r
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:03
Water/methanol injection kits anyone running them on here is it good for engines or bad would u get more torque/bhp figures wot kits are good etc etc

Think you need to up your game? not running scared yet mate :)

WOODY T5
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:05
Think you need to up your game? not running scared yet mate :)u still got a big hill to climb tho mate ;)

WOODY T5
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:06
Looks like its money well spent then

Jamest5r
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:10
u still got a big hill to climb tho mate ;)

Oh yes but getting there :) see you at york :)

Biff
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:11
Nos for the both of you!

claymore
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:13
Make the most of that crown mate, I'm coming for it :D

WOODY T5
Not with your wobbly knees I hope tho then u might have a chance

WOODY T5
Make the most of that crown mate, I'm coming for it :Dlol still waiting for u

t5 pete
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:33
I actuall think a crown would be a good idea or a tiara for the wimps amongst us that have to ask their wife's

Jamest5r
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:37
Not with your wobbly knees I hope tho then u might have a chance

2 decades of driving trucking my left knee is flecked lol ill try and make a gear change

stribo
Friday 5th September 2014, 21:42
I actuall think a crown would be a good idea or a tiara for the wimps amongst us that have to ask their wife's

Some of our wive's actually come along and race. ;)

t5 pete
Friday 5th September 2014, 22:27
The tiara will come in handy then the the girls and the girly boys

WOODY T5
Friday 5th September 2014, 22:29
Anyway have brought one of these water meth kits after reading like poeple say cools temps down witch must put less wear on things if I get more bhp + torque then happy days

ExternalError
Saturday 6th September 2014, 01:36
You get a double effect with the water/meth 1st your intake temps are lower as the air is cooled by the meth and the cooler the air means the more it can be compressed which means the more oxygen per sq/in meaning an increase in power, in the process of the meth cooling the air it evaporates into the air stream basically adding a shot of methanol to the air fuel mixture working like redex upping the octane of the fuel again giving a slight increase in power. in terms of power difference it will be like running on a tank of 108 octane fuel on a cold morning. The downsides are that methanol is slightly corrosive but when mixed with about 20% water should be fine. If you opt for a 100% mixture on some occasions ensure you flush your system out by running a higher concentration of water for the next few top ups to dilute any methanol residue in the system. From what I've read in high concentrations it can cause rubber/silicone pipework to go brittle over extended periods of time so keep an eye on the systems piping.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 23rd September 2014, 21:56
Well me is pleased to say the aem v2 meth kit works very well

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd September 2014, 22:18
Did you run with it at york?

ExternalError
Tuesday 23rd September 2014, 22:18
glad to hear it what % meth do you run at

t5 pete
Tuesday 23rd September 2014, 23:16
Great news I will be getting the kit how did you set yours up