PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mirror Glass Types

JimmyBurnWorld
Monday 1st September 2014, 13:02
Can anyone shed any light on this then?

I have a V70 2003 D5. I replaced the wing mirror glass with replacements from Ebay (mirrors broken & heating not working). After doing so, I was sure that the view wasn't as good. My wife now runs the car and she's struggling with the field of view that the mirrors give. She's noticed that she could see better before the mirrors were changed - btw, my wife can park better than I can, so no cliche comments please.

Now I've had a look and it turns out theres 'Flat', 'Convex' and 'Wide' types available, with different sellers listing different reccomendations and combinations.

Can anyone definitively elighten me on what type should be fitted to which side? Basically, neither mirror gives a good field of view at the moment. I think they're both 'Wide' as they have the dividing line near the tip. The most difficulty is setting the mirror to see in traffic vs. seeing white lines when parking.

M-R-P
Monday 1st September 2014, 13:16
Have a word with Jamie at PFV, give him your reg and for less than £15, he'll send you pattern replacements that will be the same as what you had before.

V70 Graham
Monday 1st September 2014, 14:21
I think the genuine Volvo ones are about £22

Mine are flat on the passenger side and flat with the outside 1/3 wide on the drivers side.

LeeT5
Monday 1st September 2014, 15:59
I think the genuine Volvo ones are about £22

Mine are flat on the passenger side and flat with the outside 1/3 wide on the drivers side.

LOL, nearer £50 each for the R.

M-R-P
Monday 1st September 2014, 16:10
LOL, nearer £50 each for the R.

I think Harvey paid over £60 a few years ago but I think that was fitted.

V70 Graham
Monday 1st September 2014, 16:51
Just re read the original post.....my prices were for the cheapo P1

Harvey
Monday 1st September 2014, 17:01
I think Harvey paid over £60 a few years ago but I think that was fitted.

Yes I did but that was part only , something like waterproof ,water resisting self-cleaning........ But it was a lot .

M-R-P
Monday 1st September 2014, 17:07
Yes I did but that was part only , something like waterproof ,water resisting self-cleaning........ But it was a lot .

For that money, it better give you a blowie too lol.