PDA

View Full Version : random alarm activation :(

archer74
Sunday 31st August 2014, 14:10
hi everybody, don't you just love modern alarm systems ?? can somebody tell me what fuse i need to stamp on to stop the siren going off ? It started going off randomly at 03:30 this morning and at the moment i don't have time to investigate further and i'll be leaving it parked up for a few nights now while i'm away.
It's currently locked with the key and there were no informative messages on the info screen.
Its a 55 plate S60 2.0T.

jdavis
Sunday 31st August 2014, 14:53
Faulty alarm module?

archer74
Sunday 31st August 2014, 15:13
thats what i was wondering, did a little research while waiting for AA man to come last night.....

LeeT5
Sunday 31st August 2014, 18:44
Here's how to fix...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?56655-Alarm-System-Service-Required&highlight=

archer74
Sunday 31st August 2014, 19:06
thx for that, all i'll need to do to test the old one though is lock it with the fob and wait a few minutes.hopefully it will behave until i can sort it out.

Liddo
Tuesday 2nd September 2014, 10:35
I also had the same issue on my 05 S60, turned out to the my IPOD plugged in the the GROM unit trickle charging over night and causing a spike on the battery, thus setting off the alarm ;)

archer74
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 18:15
the next chapter....i've gone to start it this afternoon and it won't turn over.All dash lights come on but it won't even consider turning over, i think i can hear the starter clicking....

LeeT5
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 18:26
the next chapter....i've gone to start it this afternoon and it won't turn over.All dash lights come on but it won't even consider turning over, i think i can hear the starter clicking....

Check your battery isn't flat. Sounds like it to me, although it won't crank if immobilised. Voltage should be over 12.2v to crank. If it drops below 12.0v then there's probably not enough amperage to crank. Have you had the ignition on for a while or something?

faRRow85
Wednesday 24th September 2014, 19:49
As we spaek my battery is on charge due to technical issues....
nd my alarm module is bust the lights flash but no siren within minutes of locking the car. :(

archer74
Friday 26th September 2014, 19:10
it has a new starter motor..will get the bill next week. wondering where the line is between a 'needy' car and a money pit.. hopefully its just having a mid-life crisis.