PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Special - Ace Cafe 22 Oct 2014 18:00-23:00

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 00:39
It seems like the frosty Swedish breakfast has been canned (I couldn't find it in the calendar), but I did find a meet called "Volvo Special" taking place on WEDNESDAY 22 OCT 2014 18:00-23:00.

I'm going to try to make it, just wondered if anyone else will be making the trip...

Also, it looks like the SAABs have been dumped!!!

It's added to the calendar:
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=87&day=2014-10-22&c=1

stribo
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 07:07
Shame it's on a school night. :(

RichT4
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 07:50
If I haven't got anything else planned I may make the trip...

M-R-P
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 08:16
Tossers!

Maybe we should all arrive on one of their "Non-specific" nights and ruin the scenery with noisy volvos?

I'll see if I can make the 22nd but no promises.

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 08:36
I'm going

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 08:37
They usually have a Norse night as well

WOODY T5
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 08:40
Shame it's on a school night. :(does this mean u have to be in bed early for school then! :)

M-R-P
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 08:42
They usually have a Norse night as well

Been right through the calendar and there's no sign of the nors day, although it was on there earlier in the year.

Shinsplintz 101
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 09:29
I know they're being threatened with closure - been served with a noise abatement/public order act by the local council....wonder if that has something to do with cutting events?

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 09:43
Perhaps it may be that, I may ring and ask

stribo
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 10:11
does this mean u have to be in bed early for school then! :)

I have to be in bed early for work, though it may as well be school, with the amount I dislike it.;)

Santa
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:08
Not sure they have dropped Saabs completely as there was a Saab meet 24th July. Sounds to me they have done something for good reason to protect their business.

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:10
Phoned them today and no Norse meet, although they may add one.

Santa
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:22
OK, to balance this out I've had an email from Linda at Ace Cafe. She is happy for me to share the following with you:

Please be advised that Saab has not been dumped. The cafe hosted a Saab Meet on 24th July from 6pm.

You may also wish to note that the cafe has not been served with a ABSO because of noise, it is because of the odd few who perform, wheelies, donuts, rolling burnouts, stunts and drifting. Shame that the few spoil things for the majority. The ASBO is a piece of new legislation brought in in March 2014, which gives the police the power to close a business where anti-social behaviour takes place. However, those who perform on the road outside the cafe are not our customers, and the police have known about them for a long time and have chosen to do nothing about it, when they have the power to arrest people for dangerous riding/driving, and also confiscate their vehicle. This new piece of legislation basically abregates them from doing the job that they are supposed to do!

Noting that you appear to have problems with the dates we choose for a Volvo Meet, perhaps you would like to propose a date/time for 2015 that you would prefer. We can then check the cafe's diary.

They would also be happy for us to have a club day there for us in 2015 if it's something that would interest you peeps?

V70 Graham
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:27
Always up for the 'Ace Cafe' meets....Anne loves the breakfasts !

......and it's local to us.

Biff
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:33
A sunny Saturday in 2015 is fine by me. :)

smithy
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:49
A sunny Sunday would be a better option for me in 2015

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:51
And there was me thinking that I'd got us banned from another meet..

I'm not sure is VPC would get enough people together to make it a club day, but we can always give it a go.

This thread is for the evening meet, so bugger off and set up a new thread...

1. judgeNinja
2. Ettienne

(The comment about SAABs was a flippant remark and I apologise to GM cars)...:troutslap:

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:52
OK, to balance this out I've had an email from Linda at Ace Cafe. She is happy for me to share the following with you:

They would also be happy for us to have a club day there for us in 2015 if it's something that would interest you peeps?

I don't suppose it helps there web page is two bikes doing burnouts in there car park lol, it's a little hypocritical.

smithy
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:55
And there was me thinking that I'd got us banned from another meet..

I'm not sure is VPC would get enough people together to make it a club day, but we can always give it a go.

This thread is for the evening meet, so bugger off and set up a new thread...

1. judgeNinja
2. Ettienne

(The comment about SAABs was a flippant remark and I apologise to GM cars)...:troutslap:

I think a inter forum meet would be a better idea for a nice Sunday summer meet .the are some nice cars on all the Volvo forums that would look good parked at the car cafe

Ettienne
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 18:56
Just like this

moosepowerlee
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 19:04
I will be there (health allowing )

M-R-P
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 19:34
I could fit some strobes and livery to the sweed and do some burnouts... That'll confuse the buggers :)

oblark
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 20:31
This thread is for the evening meet, so bugger off ...

1. judgeNinja
2. Ettienne
3. Dalhousie
4. oblark

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 20:57

1. judgeNinja
2. Ettienne
3. Dalhousie
4. oblark
5. Moosepowerlee

moosepowerlee
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 21:38
I could fit some strobes and livery to the sweed and do some burnouts... That'll confuse the buggers :) i have some you can have inc control module foc as dont have em in anymore

Simbaroo
Tuesday 26th August 2014, 21:49

1. judgeNinja
2. Ettienne
3. Dalhousie
4. oblark
5. Moosepowerlee
6. Simbaroo

always up for a ace cafe meet not far from me

motobuild
Sunday 14th September 2014, 12:11
Im up for this!

Slomo
Monday 15th September 2014, 09:55
If T4 is on the road by then yeah def up for that :)