PDA

View Full Version : So how easy is it to..

Assasin
Monday 14th November 2005, 23:51
Having all ready bought my 2 clock a piller pod i wondered how hard it was to fit!!

I bought it thinking that it was the one for the car but it seems to be a multi use one :jaw: Its not the pod thats a problem realy, im going to get my cousin who works for TVR to take a look at it (he doesnt know yet)..

How hard is the wiring and installation of the boost guage and air fuel meter..?

BlackBeast
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 00:07
Having all ready bought my 2 clock a piller pod i wondered how hard it was to fit!!

I bought it thinking that it was the one for the car but it seems to be a multi use one :jaw: Its not the pod thats a problem realy, im going to get my cousin who works for TVR to take a look at it (he doesnt know yet)..

How hard is the wiring and installation of the boost guage and air fuel meter..?

Fitting an universal pod is quite easy, offer it to the a pillar in one hand and mark out with a pencil the holes where you have to drill, then drill, then screw the pod to the a pillar, probably easier to do all that when the a pillar is out of the car? Thats the way i would do it anyway.

Wiring, take the headlight switch out of the dash and take the relevant power feed from there. With the vacuum piping, you will have to tap into a hose via the inlet manifold and run it through the bulkhead.

Hope this helps a little.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 00:44
there is a how to on the wiring...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1385

sadly when the site crashed last time the images have gone squwiffy. Wondering if anyone has a copy of the pics - coz I cant find mine?

gdogg16
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 01:00
use a heat gun or a freakishly hot blow dryer to mold the sides of the pillar pod.

Assasin
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 15:59
Thanks guys, doesnt look to painfull...

Bison
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 22:59
This is a good how to including potos etc!! I used this one.

http://volvospeed.com/volvo_performance.php

Hope this helps,

Bison